hi all.
    i bought the torch from at&t in the us. but i live in israel.
    i want to use my torch to tether but i have a macbook. as i found out there is a lock that at&t do to all of the torch...i found that if i change a file on my torch its open the tether option but i only found guids on how to do it with a pc and as i said i have a mac...
    can anybudy help me? i realy need to use the tether option.

thanks in advence

etay
    02-16-11 04:06 AM
    Anybody? Please...I realy need it to work...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-17-11 06:37 AM
    I never heard about changing a file to open up the torch. Can you point a link to where you saw that? And I would suggest finding a friend with a PC to help you.
    02-17-11 06:55 AM
    Just download tether from the crackberry store. Easy day.

02-17-11 07:03 AM
    I think he's trying to do it for less than 50 dollars.
    02-17-11 07:07 AM
    Its not always 50 bucks, trying to do it for free isn't really effective. Tether works, I'd caution using it for a ton of data either way someone will notice if you move 10GB in a month.

02-17-11 07:53 AM
    thanks for the replies.
    i am looking to tether my torch just like a pc can, using the blackberry desktop manager. as i said i know that at&t have a lock on that feature but i also know that a pc users can change the lock. i'm asking if anybody know of a way to open the at&t lock using a mac? i have a data plan on my carrier with no limits.
    i don't want to pay 50$ because at&t locked the torch, when other blackberries can tether mac for free.
    i just need a way to open at&t lock.
    thanks in advance.
    etay
    02-20-11 01:34 AM
    You don't need to use the desktop manager. Set the Torch up using the BlueTooth feature on the Mac then set it up as a modem using the network preferences. You will then be able to connect using Bluetooth DUN.

Here is how to do this. You will have to supply your own settings for your carrier but this should get you started. There are threads related to this in the Mac section of the forums. If you search you will find it easily.

"To use bluetooth, make your phone discoverable and click on the bluetooth symbol on the top of your Mac;s screen and choose "Setup bluetooth device and follow the directions.

Go to System preferences and choose Network. Click the + to add a service if Bluetooth DUN is not there. Choose Bluetooth DUN from the drop down menu for the interface.

These are the settings I use.

Configuration: default
    Telephone number: leave blank
    Account Name: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

Click on Advanced >Modem
    APN: wap.cingular CID: 1 Vendor: Research in Motion Model: Blackberry IP Modem GSM
    02-20-11 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD