When I unlock my torch there is a 6 second delay before I can move my cursor or highlight any icon. There's no hourglass, but clearly the device is not active for a prolonged period. This is a real pet peeve. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution? I really like this phone but this issue is enough to make me return to my trusty old Bold 9000.
    08-23-10 10:54 AM
    i have the same experience..
    are you on the Stronger or strongest encryption? that's my setting.
    i believe it's a software issue and can be addressed accordingly.
    not enough for me to consider giving it back
    08-23-10 11:10 AM
    6 seconds is an eternity. The only success I've had in getting rid of this password unlock lag is to reboot the device. When I pull the battery the issue is gone but that only lasts for about half a day or so. I'm really liking this phone otherwise.
    08-23-10 11:13 AM
    could be security issue as the last person said or it may be that you have too many programs running in the background...try cutting down some of the background running programs...i experience a small lag sometimes but its only initial when i get going the lag dissapears and its usually due to too many programs running in the background.
    08-23-10 11:16 AM
    I haven't seen this delay on my Torch.
    08-23-10 11:17 AM
    I noticed it too. I turned off the password and installed pattern lock (the free version). No more delay. It almost seems that the password lock puts the phone in some type of hibernate state and takes a few seconds to "wake up" when unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 11:18 AM
    I noticed it too. I turned off the password and installed pattern lock (the free version). No more delay. It almost seems that the password lock puts the phone in some type of hibernate state and takes a few seconds to "wake up" when unlocked.

+1 on this.
    the moment i remove the password feature..
    i don't have the delay anymore
    08-23-10 11:22 AM
    I have enabled password and don't have this problem. The moment I unlocked I can go straight to navigating the icon and so on

08-23-10 11:29 AM
    Having the same issue on mine with the password.
    08-23-10 11:45 AM
    Not having that issue here. Unlock immediately opens. I'm loving my new baby!
    08-23-10 12:13 PM
    Not having that issue here. Unlock immediately opens. I'm loving my new baby!
    Are you talking about unlock or password unlock? Two different things.

08-23-10 12:16 PM
    The only Unlock I have is password protected. Is that what you mean? I have no problem with this feature. I didn't know you would get an Unlock message when you didn't set your password.
    08-23-10 12:21 PM
    The only Unlock I have is password protected. Is that what you mean? I have no problem with this feature. I didn't know you would get an Unlock message when you didn't set your password.
    Yes, I was referring to password protection. And yes you still get an unlock message if you don't set a password.

08-23-10 12:26 PM
    This worries me a bit.. When I get mine I will be on BES with corp IT policy, password locking will not be optional so I hope mine doesn't have this issue. I will be very interested to hear how anyone with this problem fixes..
    08-23-10 12:36 PM
    I do not have this lag from password lock or screen lock.
    08-23-10 01:11 PM
    I had this kind of lag then updated to 161b and no issues as of yet with the lag. I'll have to check however when I post from the torch it adds extra letter to the end of the posting and I can not delete them. That to me is the oddest part. Otherwise after the upgrade and clean wipe and install everything is running great. ii
    08-23-10 01:20 PM
    We snuffed out 35 torches for this issue, users couldn't deal. Put them back on 9700 until we deploy i4. Yuck.
    08-23-10 01:40 PM
    I'm on BES and have the same issue. It's really annoying. I'm considering the upgrade to .161 since some have reported that it fixes the lag.
    08-23-10 01:41 PM
    I am on .161 also. No lag here.

08-23-10 01:57 PM
    I have a password set and have the delay after unlocking, but only first thing in the morning after it has spent hours locked. During the day when it times out and locks, unlocking causes no delay. It does seem kind-of like a hibernate state after a period of being inactive...

Edit to say: I'm running .161 and there is definitely an improvement on the delay on this OS version, but for me it's still there
    Last edited by gritsinct; 08-23-10 at 02:02 PM.
    08-23-10 01:58 PM
    Like said in an earlier post, check to see if your IT policy forces the device encryption to be turned on. I have been on BES since day one, with no issues. However, I do not have encryption turned on.

I did a test and turned on the encryption.
    I am trying out using the strongest encryption settings. I will let you know if this helps me recreate the issue.

Version(.161)
    08-23-10 02:27 PM
    the real problem is your groups cant go over 10 ppl !! what is blackberry thinking now i need to you my old blackberry to send mass txts to my staff !!
    08-23-10 02:29 PM
    the real problem is your groups cant go over 10 ppl !! what is blackberry thinking now i need to you my old blackberry to send mass txts to my staff !!
    There was a work around for that on this forum. Do a search.

08-23-10 03:06 PM

How did you get pattern lock lite working?

It wants me to go to options -> Advanced -> applications and change the permissions on the program but that isn't an option any more.
    08-23-10 03:13 PM
    I am having this problem with patternlock

08-23-10 05:02 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD