Hello all, I'm new here Anyway here goes:

My Torch's battery life has never really lasted more than 12 hours (even when not being used at all) So, in all honesty the fact that I was never really able to use any app for a prolonged period of time was something I'd gotten used to. But, over the last three days something rather strange has been happening.

In order to save battery life (seeing as I lost the charger and can only charge my phone over USB.. And as it's my alarm clock, I have to have it by my bed) I put it on bedside mode.... Which usually does the trick to leave the phone with enough battery to last until I can get to another charging place once I'm up...

However as of late, even whilst on bedside mode.. The battery will discharge without being used to 39% remaining, in a matter of 2-3 hours.. Then it stops and starts losing again after an hour at a normal 1-2% discharge speed per 30 mins without use. I've been using battery monitoring tools to measure this, and have had them since long before this started being an issue, so assume it's not that. All my apps are up to date as I update them immediately when I get notified by App World.

What could be the issue here?

PS: I live in the centre of a capital city, network signal is not an issue.

Thanks in advance ^_^
    04-25-12 06:11 AM
    You need to buy a new battery. You 9800's battery is how old?
    04-25-12 08:43 AM
    x2 on the battery. Mine is nearly 2 years old and will last for days with only occasional use, and most of the day with heavy use.

*DON'T* buy a cheap battery from eBay or some online vendor. There are plenty of reported issues with them here on Crackberry. Make sure it's an OEM battery. If it needs a "decoder" or sync tool, it's a cheap knockoff.
    04-25-12 09:00 AM
    The battery is as old as the phone, so.. 5 months or so... You sure it's the battery's fault? I've tried battery pulls too, I've noticed other symptoms as... Each time I install a new app (not update) it will become bricked and I have to delete it from MasterControl so that the phone can boot again...

Didn't mention them before because thought it'd possibly be unrelated to the issue.. But, yeah just in case.
    Last edited by rubiah; 04-25-12 at 09:38 AM.
    04-25-12 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD