Work upgraded my Onyx to a Torch. It's heavy and huge not sure if the perks are worth it compared to say 9750 (maybe gonna ask for this instead).

What I noticed is:

1) Low Volume, this set is on .225 firmware. does upgrading increase the volume ?

2) Is there a setting to make the sensitivity lower ? Every time I make a call, after dialing from the physical qwerty, I sometimes inadvertently brushed my chubby cheeks against the screen and that does all sort of problems.

The touch keys are huge and vital ones are just around the cheek area. I never had this problem with other touch screen phone before.

What can I do ? I remind u I already mentioned that the volume is already very low so keeping my distance from the screen is not an option.

Also whats the best OS right now for the Torch?

Thanks.

Edit: goddamn auto correct messed up the title.
    Last edited by hahree; 11-14-10 at 08:00 AM.
    11-14-10 07:58 AM
    Current official OS is .337. Proximity sensor should turn the screen off when held to your ear. To test this make a call(to your home for instance, somewhere you know no one will pickup) and put your finger over the entire top part of the phone, directly over the speaker and across the entire top portion. Does your screen turn off? If not it, do you have a screen protector? Its has been noted that some screen protectors cover it up and make it not work correctly. If you answer no to the screen protector and it still doesn't shut off, then take it back for a new one.
    11-14-10 08:04 AM
    Your face (no matter how "chubby" ) should not interfere with the touchscreen at all. If you have a screen protector on it..they have sometimes been known to interfere with the Proximity Sensor of the phone (which is what detects the phone to your face, and thus shuts off the screen)..or you might have a defective Sensor, because like I said..the phone should "black out" as soon as it gets near your face.

I can't comment on the sound issues, because I've never noticed or had any problem with sound quality.

EDIT: Lol..Homer beat me to the punch again *shakes fist*
    11-14-10 08:04 AM
    Actually I do have a "No-Spy" screen protector I bought on ebay. So I have to remove it ? The thing took forever to install...and there's that screen protection bit, it's large and looks very fragile. My keys (etc) can do all sort of damage on it. I'm a sloppy user. But I'll think it over.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try the latest OS. :>

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by hahree; 11-14-10 at 03:11 PM.
    11-14-10 03:07 PM
    Actually I do have a "No-Spy" screen protector I bought on ebay. So I have to remove it ? The thing took forever to install...and there's that screen protection bit, it's large and looks very fragile. My keys (etc) can do all sort of damage on it. I'm a sloppy user. But I'll think it over.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try the latest OS. :>

Thanks guys.
    Thats 99.9% likely to be the culprit. If you can remove and reapply the NoSpy, do so after using a single hole punch to put a hole in it at the location of the light sensor
    11-14-10 03:22 PM
    If the screen protector is interferring with the proximity sensor (test using above method), just trim the protector at the top so it doesn't cover the the sensor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 03:22 PM
    Yea, the sensor didn't take. So sensor is always on ? There's no way it could have been turned off ?

In any case the "Anti Spy" is not as good as on non touch screen phones. I can still see the screen clearly on any angle. It's gone when I get home.

Thanks everyone.
    11-14-10 04:20 PM
    Yea, the sensor didn't take. So sensor is always on ? There's no way it could have been turned off ?

In any case the "Anti Spy" is not as good as on non touch screen phones. I can still see the screen clearly on any angle. It's gone when I get home.

Thanks everyone.
    proximity sensor is always "on" there is no setting or option to turn it off. As far as screen protection goes, I personally like Ghost Armor for just the screen. Little expensive but well worth it in my opinion.
    11-14-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD