Hello all,

I recently got a Torch and am really enjoying it. I have a month to decide if I want to stay with it. I was wondering if I could get some perspectives from those who have used it for a couple of months. Are you still happy with what it can do? Are there any big shortcomings you've noticed? I'm new to Blackberry (coming from iPhone), and trying to get an idea if it will be right for me in the long term (darn those 2-year contracts!).
    04-05-11 12:50 PM
    Five months in and could not be happier. Took a bit of time to adjust. Then the tinkering began. With the latest OS leak and new BBM all is well. Lots of apps. Wallpaper out the ears. Dedicated theme junkie so lots of themes. This is the best phone I ever owned.

No real shortcomings compared to the other two brands of smartphone before I turned to BB a couple of years ago. The keyboard may not be BB's best, but is good enough. Combined with the touch the device is wonderful.

We have three BB's in the family and the other two are eyeing my Torch (the 9300 and the 8900). We may need to upgrade one or both before very long.
    04-05-11 01:07 PM
    Owner since October 2010 and found a few bugs that drove me nuts...until I upgraded from AT&T's .246 to UK3's .448 and have not looked back. This is the most impressive phone I have ever owned. I am also new to Blackberry and I can't believe I waited so long. RIM builds a superior phone to any other smartphone on the market (sorry android owners).
    Now with the Torch, the user has the best of both worlds, business and social networking. My daughter keeps checking the date she can upgrade her Samsung.

Are there problems with the Torch? Yea sometimes there are small issues as with any smartphone, but they are easily overcome, are usually very simple to correct, and the members here will help get any issues corrected.
    Last edited by ghostryder12; 04-05-11 at 01:18 PM.
    04-05-11 01:15 PM
    4 Months in and still in love with my torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 01:27 PM
    got mine on December 9th, I had hard time getting comfortable with the keyboard but I pass that stage now, I upgraded my .246 to .337 the day I got the phone, I didn't really see how bad was the .246. Now I'm on .486 and I'm very happy with the phone, it does what I need. The battery life could be better but I don't really care because I usually have a USB plug close to me anywhere I go.
    04-05-11 01:30 PM
    got mine on December 9th, I had hard time getting comfortable with the keyboard but I pass that stage now, I upgraded my .246 to .337 the day I got the phone, I didn't really see how bad was the .246. Now I'm on .486 and I'm very happy with the phone, it does what I need. The battery life could be better but I don't really care because I usually have a USB plug close to me anywhere I go.
    Have you had any problems with the .486 OS? I'm using the .448 OS and am happy but there is always room to get happier.
    04-05-11 01:41 PM
    I'm loving my torch as well, had couple of berries to compare of and seriously this one makes you get the most out of a phone(touchscreen and physical keyboard) that's it.

Running on .526, loving it so far, had an issue seeing pages here on the CB forum, thats weird, maybe i'll downgrade.
    04-05-11 01:49 PM
    Have you had any problems with the .486 OS? I'm using the .448 OS and am happy but there is always room to get happier.
    I ran .448 for a long time. Avoided .486 due to friends with issues. Now running .526 and other than CB viewing could not be happier. This OS is wonderful overall. Read some of the threads to decide for yourself, but .526 is recommended by me for sure.
    ghostryder12 likes this.
    04-05-11 02:11 PM
    Over 6 months and still love it. Added the six dot x theme and it looks like a new phone. Then upgraded the OS to .526 and it feels like a new phone.

I'm loving my torch as well, had couple of berries to compare of and seriously this one makes you get the most out of a phone(touchscreen and physical keyboard) that's it.

Running on .526, loving it so far, had an issue seeing pages here on the CB forum, thats weird, maybe i'll downgrade.
    Not to hijack, but ... before downgrading, try Opera Mini (m.opera.com) ... it handles the CB forums very nicely. Some things are a little quirky and take getting used to, and the BB browser definitely does some things better (changing screen orientation being a big one), but Opera's on-screen nav bar is flat-out sweet and something I really wish BB would implement in their own browser.

CB is also going to be looking at why the Wap3 forums render like they do in later OS builds (it's been happening on other BB's, too), so hopefully they'll have that sorted out soon. Don't jump yet!
    ghostryder12 likes this.
    04-05-11 02:23 PM
    Haven't had it that long, just a month or two, but love it, love it, love it. best phone I ever had.
    04-05-11 02:29 PM
    If you are a texting, emailing, and facebook junkie then you will love the Torch. If you need a multimedia device and use apps on a constant basis...there are better options. I came from a Palm Pre and iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, it just depends on what you are looking for. Oh, and the device is a bit slower than other flagship devices.
    04-05-11 02:42 PM
    I've had my Torch since mid August and I still love it! If there are any problems or snags that you notice, there are usually work arounds for them.....or you might find it's just user error. (I've done that plenty)
    I've not run into any set backs. I still love my Torch and it does so much. It's a wonderful phone and I hope you find that too.
    04-05-11 02:47 PM
    Coming from two other berries (8310, and a 9700) this is the best phone I have had. Using the touch screen keyboard took awhile, but have that mastered. Love the size of the display screen compared to the other two berries. Phone is really fast, so enjoy your Torch!
    04-05-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD