I am setting up an enterprise email, but it is ongoing to no end. But when I check in the mailbox (my enterprise email) there is a mail from RIM with an attacement of ETP.DAT (582B).

What am I suppose to do with the attachment? DO I need to copy and paste it in the Torch in some specific folder?

Thanks guys for your advice. Regards;

p/s: anyone feel really free and got lot of times entertaining us newbie kindly msg me BBM Pin as I've got problem on 1. BB ID and 2. Halfway pay through paypal direct from the Torch (from PC it is just fine & working).
    04-06-11 05:46 PM
    You do nothing. That is an email sent by the BES server to your device to set things up. If it is not leaving, there is an issue. Under Enterprise Email Setup, do you see the sync process start after entering your email and passcode?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 11:22 PM
    Nope, just a white screen with Connecting server.... on top left corner. It took like forever. it asks for email and password. Password is my email password with the Excange server am I right?

Whenever I try I keep getting below message with an attachment of the ETP.DAT

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 518
    AasWtJgAAAAAIBAIMjZhMDBhMTUgD2F6emlyQGphcmluZy5teQ DRx7EPUAlPVEFLRVlHRU4D
    QICAgINKAAAAAAEQcMIsBgGDPQFDAgEuPRt2+Pk/NBN5IwRjncWhCqcpE8kZnpLW0RIDAZj4
    BnaxhVrctmgF29DuFW28NjFTvXmaRreHDaDDJbJIgqAALwsBAQ JDAgC2EVe0RRn0yLaXP46c
    UYcX+PfUYp3Xm8/nE6f9FNtscMcH73kjwmvuyMc1i++xxtL75AHxDm1iLj4VD9Zkv H1A9gMB
    BwQEAAAsBwYEJqAKFQcBBwqCG2QBBwEE2k6dTRABMAcEFQqgJi gSQUxQLEFTQyxCQklNLEJC
    U0lQBQEBCwEALAEBLgEBBgEHDgEBMAEBCAIBACkBASQGAgICAg EDJhoZAQEEAAAAAwIEAAAI
    AAMEAAAAHwQBAQUBBSUBAScOBAANwAMAAAQADtACAAAJAgEAFw k2LjQuMC4yMTATCnY2LjAu
    MC40NDgMAQEVBDk4MDAjAQEUElJlc2VhcmNoIEluIE1vdGlvbg IBIBYEBQAYBysBAR0EAAAA
    By8BARoEAAACYRkBMAQBPyoBAQoCAQANAQEbColgGQkBmJMFmI 8cDwUAAgEJAwkAAQUGBwcG
    CSAPAwUFBAYGAAQFBwgBCQIDHwlNWSBDRUxDT00tAQE!
    ENDETP 50633334
    04-07-11 12:50 AM
    The Blackberry Enterprise Server has not responded to your activation. An error may have occurred.
    04-07-11 01:10 AM
    It took like forever. it asks for email and password. Password is my email password with the Excange server am I right?
    No, this would be the Password that the Administrator sets up for you to activate your BES account.

Nathan
    04-07-11 07:49 AM
    If you have direct access to the BES (not likely) or BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager (more likely) then you can set your own by using "Set Activation Password".

...otherwise, you will need to contact your office IT Dept/BES Administrator (if it's a work BES)
    04-07-11 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD