Ok I always get my phones at At&t but I am eligible for 4 upgrades and getting a couple of the new BlackBerry Torch 9800. I look online and WireFly has it for 99 and so does FlyWire (Or something like that) for 99. Having said that is it to good to be try because it asks me about a plan and I just want the upgrade price and extend my contract? Lastly I was at Walmart Tuesday and they have the phone as well so I went to there website and also says 99 price with 2 year upgrade so what's the catch? I rather pay 99 then 199 because either way I am extending my contract.

Thanks in advance
    08-13-10 11:23 AM
    Through the crackberry website I was going for two phones and was going to pay 199.98 (99.99 each phone) but my wife wasn't eligible until October so I only had to pay 99.99 for one.
    08-13-10 11:27 AM
    Crackberry sells as well? I have bought accessories never saw the phones but then again I have always gone to At&t. Walmart though is 5 minutes from my house and if thats for real that's what I am doing.
    08-13-10 11:30 AM
    When your purchase through places like wirefly or letstalk you can't swap devices or deactivate services or change data plans that you signed up for when you order the phone or you COULD be charged more money for the device. I'm always switching devices so I could never buy a device from them because I always use an upgrade on one line to swap the device to another line. And after reading their terms of service and speaking with them, there's a good chance you could get charged for this. AT&T doesn't care if you buy the phone from them. But if you're planning to keep the devices on the same line for 181 days then you should be fine getting from one of those places.
    08-13-10 11:52 AM
    Crackberry sells as well? I have bought accessories never saw the phones but then again I have always gone to At&t. Walmart though is 5 minutes from my house and if thats for real that's what I am doing.
    Buy Now: The AT&T BlackBerry Torch 9800! | CrackBerry.com
    08-13-10 12:08 PM
    When your purchase through places like wirefly or letstalk you can't swap devices or deactivate services or change data plans that you signed up for when you order the phone or you COULD be charged more money for the device. I'm always switching devices so I could never buy a device from them because I always use an upgrade on one line to swap the device to another line. And after reading their terms of service and speaking with them, there's a good chance you could get charged for this. AT&T doesn't care if you buy the phone from them. But if you're planning to keep the devices on the same line for 181 days then you should be fine getting from one of those places.
    I don't plan on swapping either BUT my son swaps between his device all the time but I don't call AT&T you just move the sim. The only time I have to call is when he switches frm BB to iPhone because the internet plans aren't interchangable but they don't charge me. I won't be changing devices for 181 days but you said they may charge, charge for what? I called my AT&T store to see if they will price match, I am sure they won't but I asked. I am buying 4 phones at least 1 Torch and at least 1 iPhone the other two will be a mix of those two as well.
    08-13-10 12:14 PM
    The other reason I would prefer to buy at AT&T is I hate the iphone because of the keyboard my wife and both kids have the iPhone and I am just not a fan and IF I don't like the torch I can return it and stick with my 9700. When I got the 9700 I loved the trackpad but didn't like the size compared to my 9000, well I picked up my 9000 the other day and it felt huge so that ended up not being an issue. The 9800 for me might be the best of all worlds but I like the option of being able to take it back because I do love my 9700.
    08-13-10 12:19 PM
    In feb. I was eligible for upgrade and got a 9000 for $79 at walmart when all other places couldnt be had for lesst than $199. Sad part is the 9000 took a swim in Jul and has never turned back on. Good part, I was at least able to get an upgrade exception on another line on acct so I could at least get the Torch for $199. Had to order from AT&T so waiting on it to arrive in mail. Would have loved to been able to take advantage of better deals, but didnt feel like waiting till end Nov for upgrade eligibilty.
    08-13-10 12:26 PM
    I just called Wal Mart they said they got 4 in stock today and sold 2 already. I can go up there and get it for 99 whats the drawback?
    08-13-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD