Every time I open up a new text message, it opens up somewhere in the middle of the thread of texts, rather than at the end. So, whenever someone sends me a reply, I have to scroll all the way down to read all of it (which is a bit much with some of the people that I text back and forth with).

Is there a setting I can change somewhere or anything I can do to make it open up at the latest received text instead of wherever the heck it wants?

Thanks so much!

(P.S. I have a BB Torch through AT&T)
    03-01-11 11:38 PM
    its a well known bug in OS .246 (official from AT&T) and in .337. try upgrading to .448 where the bug and some other ones for that matter, were fixed.
    03-01-11 11:39 PM
    Yeah this was fixed in .448 and above, there was a thread posted on this very subject earlier today actually. Link to the update should be in a sticky above the threads.
    03-01-11 11:41 PM
    Its a known issue with the earlier versions of the Blackberry 9800 OS's. Uprgrade to .448 or .450 and you should find it fixed, most likely
    03-01-11 11:41 PM
    Its a known issue with the earlier versions of the Blackberry 9800 OS's. Uprgrade to .448 or .450 and you should find it fixed, most likely
    it 100% will be fixed. that along with the camera autofocus issue and the notication bar bug.
    03-01-11 11:46 PM
    Here I am giving him advice on upgrading to fix that problem, when I have yet to do the same for mine for that issue, and it is bugging the crap out of me! haha
    03-01-11 11:46 PM
    Awesome, I did a quick search but not an in depth one...most of what I saw means very little to me.

Thank you all so much!
    03-01-11 11:47 PM
    Here I am giving him advice on upgrading to fix that problem, when I have yet to do the same for mine for that issue, and it is bugging the crap out of me! haha
    i cant imagine using any OS prior to .448. its a world of a difference. i just got my replacement device from at&t and im upgrading it now. using .246 for the last few hrs made me cringe lol.
    Hehe, it's been bothering me for the past several weeks and I finally decided GAH NO MORE!
    Awesome, I did a quick search but not an in depth one...most of what I saw means very little to me.

Thank you all so much!
    yea i know its been discussed ALOT, but i even tried searching and they dont pull up the best results. it was mainly discussed in the .448 and .450 findings/fixes threads. thats a LONG read though because there are many pages to leaf through.
    03-01-11 11:50 PM
    i cant imagine using any OS prior to .448. its a world of a difference. i just got my replacement device from at&t and im upgrading it now. using .246 for the last few hrs made me cringe lol.
    Yeah, everyone's been tellin me to upgrade to .448, so I guess I should get on that tonight. How difficult is it to do through a Mac though? There a special app or program for that?
    03-02-11 12:22 AM
    Yeah, everyone's been tellin me to upgrade to .448, so I guess I should get on that tonight. How difficult is it to do through a Mac though? There a special app or program for that?
    not sure about a mac, most of the leak files are for windows. may wanna ask in the Desktop Manager Forum or wait for someone with a mac to help.
    03-02-11 01:51 AM
    not sure about a mac, most of the leak files are for windows. may wanna ask in the Desktop Manager Forum or wait for someone with a mac to help.
    Just went to BB's website and downloaded the Mac BB Desktop Software, should work fine now. Thanks for the help though!
    03-02-11 02:03 AM
    If you want to wait to upgrade (for whatever reason) you can click in the reply field and then scroll up. That will quickly take you to the last message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 06:39 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one. And glad I did a search on this before posting new thread. I'm hesitant to upgrade to .448 because I'd like to just go to 6.1

I did find a workaround for this issue, on my phone at least.

When you open up a text message and it appears in the middle somewhere, instead of scrolling down like you'd naturally want to do, give the track pad a quick swipe **UP** I've found that most of the time if I try to go up in the message it takes me all the way down to where it should be.

It's infuriating I know but give it a try.

As always, your mileage may vary....
    03-08-11 12:01 PM
    I had the same problem with .246 update to .448 or .450.
    I have .450 and no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD