Is there a way to set my torch so that if I'm on a hotspot and I get disconnected, I won't be able to connect to the internet? I want to be able to control my useage and I don't have much control if my hotspot connection fades and I'm automatically connected to 3g data connection without notice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 12:39 AM
    I'm fairly sure under mobile network options you can turn off data. With it off you won't be connected to data via 3g but just wifi.

11-14-10 12:53 AM
    It doesn't work. I tried it and I can't connect to the internet.
    11-14-10 01:43 AM
    Anyone?

11-14-10 01:26 PM
    As of right now..the only thing I could suggest is to go to Browser>Option>Prompt Before: Switching to Carrier Network for Streaming Media..and select that. All's this will do is prompt you before watching video's or streaming media if you're not connected to WiFi because of the large amounts of data that get used streaming media. You could also just turn off your carrier network while in a hotspot, and once you lose the hotspot it will tell you you've lost internet connection. But of course this will mean no phone calls, SMS, or email while your carrier network is turned off.
    11-14-10 01:43 PM
    It doesn't work. I tried it and I can't connect to the internet.
    Are you also saying that your WiFi will not work if you disable your Mobile Network?
    When at home for the evening I often disable my Mobile Network and rely solely on my WiFi for internet browsing, BBM and email. I just can't make and receive calls.
    11-14-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD