Last time I got a refurbished phone, it worked perfectly but it had a lot of scratches on the phone already, more than the phone I had before I got the refurbished one. If I get a refurbished Torch via my warranty shipped to me, will it also be in a similar quality, with scratches and wear-and-tear?
    01-17-11 08:46 PM
    Every refurb I have ever got looked brand new I have a refurb black torch and the quality is better then my non refurb white torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 08:55 PM
    Every refurb I have ever got looked brand new I have a refurb black torch and the quality is better then my non refurb white torch

Like out-the-box, never used brand new? No scuffs, nothing?
    01-17-11 09:05 PM
    Never had a refurb with my torch but other bb's looked out the box new... Refurbs should look good minus the fact they don't ship with batteries or battery doors, atleast att doesn't ship them that way..

01-17-11 09:10 PM
    ^Do you know if that's the case with Blackberry's refurbs though? I would be getting my refurb from Blackberry, not ATT.
    01-17-11 09:23 PM
    My refurbished phone from AT&T (curve 8310) looked new and came with the battery, charger, everything.
    01-17-11 09:26 PM
    I have one. And I love it and it works fine. Nothing bad about it.

01-17-11 09:29 PM
    I can't speak about the refurbs from blackberry as I have no experience with them. Are you not on att? I couldn't see the point in going thru rim if you are an att customer.

But yes my refurbs have looked out of the box new attached stickers and all just like a new device but as others have said.. No battery back plate or other accessories

My refurbished phone from AT&T (curve 8310) looked new and came with the battery, charger, everything.
    Did you order a new line of service and opt for a refurbished device rather then a new one?
    That's the only way I know of them sending a new kit other then upgrading to a refurbished device

Last edited by Itzjusnick; 01-17-11 at 09:37 PM.
    01-17-11 09:33 PM
    ^I bought mine from Best Buy on an AT&T contract and they want me to pay 9.99 a month for their insurance, I don't know what warranty I'm under, if I'm even under an AT&T warranty at all since I bought it from Best Buy, but I know at least I have the RIM warranty right?

I have one. And I love it and it works fine. Nothing bad about it.

Was it unscathed when you got it?
    01-17-11 09:38 PM
    Sure was. Very very clean

cratskomodo likes this.
    01-17-11 09:48 PM
    ^Alright sweet, thanks.
    Does anyone by any chance have anymore information on purchasing AT&T phones with BestBuy and whether the phones are covered on warranty by AT&T and RIM?

01-17-11 09:57 PM
    My refurb Torch looks as nice as a new untouched one should.
    01-17-11 10:34 PM
    Did you order a new line of service and opt for a refurbished device rather then a new one?
    That's the only way I know of them sending a new kit other then upgrading to a refurbished device
    It was an upgrade.
    01-17-11 10:38 PM
    My refurb Torch looks as nice as a new untouched one should.
    Did you get it from RIM or AT&T?
    01-17-11 10:39 PM
    Warranty exchanges are handled by the carrier, not by RIM directly. You purchased the phone under an AT&T contract so your refurb would come from AT&T. Just go to an AT&T store or call customer service.

My first BB (8310) was a refurb from AT&T. Looked brand new out of the box.
    01-17-11 10:47 PM
    Given a choice I pick the refurbs. Better quality control.
    01-17-11 10:49 PM
    Warranty exchanges are handled by the carrier, not by RIM directly. You purchased the phone under an AT&T contract so your refurb would come from AT&T. Just go to an AT&T store or call customer service.

My first BB (8310) was a refurb from AT&T. Looked brand new out of the box.
    So even though I bought it from a Best Buy I can go into an AT&T store and they'll still handle it?
    01-17-11 10:55 PM
    i have had mine for 2 weeks and it was flawless when I got it, Very Happy!
    01-17-11 10:55 PM
    So even though I bought it from a Best Buy I can go into an AT&T store and they'll still handle it?
    They should since the phone came from them. You may have bought it from Best Buy but it is still an AT&T phone.
    01-17-11 10:59 PM
    Given a choice I pick the refurbs. Better quality control.
    And I wouldn't be surprised that there is less chance of getting one with a loose sliding mechanism.
    01-17-11 11:07 PM
    this is everything i got when i ordered a refurb Torch 9800 to replace my bold using the warrenty i pay to AT&T i payed $125 dollar and the phone was pretty much brand new, no scratch or anything, it even had plastic stickers on it... it came with wall charger with a usb port and usb cable, very comfortable blackberry headset, which i didnt include in this pic my wifey was using it at the time with her ipod, 4gb micro SD, 2 booklets, a software disc and thats pretty much it

01-18-11 01:01 AM
    Last time I got a refurbished phone, it worked perfectly but it had a lot of scratches on the phone already, more than the phone I had before I got the refurbished one. If I get a refurbished Torch via my warranty shipped to me, will it also be in a similar quality, with scratches and wear-and-tear?
    All the refurb is is a phone that someone returnedf within the 30 day period.

I bought two refurbs. Both were brand new. Stickers over entire phone. Not a single scratch. Everything is perfect. So, for 20 bucks through ATT, I got a **** of a deal. ****, if I wanted, I could make some bank!

If ur gonna get one, take it from me, they're fine and function the same as new.

01-18-11 09:03 AM
    I got a refurbish Torch when they were a penny with AT&T and it came with everything (charger, battery door, etc.) the only time I have gotten a refurbish and it didn't have the battery and cover is when it has been an insurance exchange for the same phone. Also I will attest that a lot of times they are better then the new ones. i.e. I have not had the screen wiggle problem that a lot of people on these forums have.
    01-18-11 09:21 AM
    Received my refurb Torch today. It was perfect - looked brand new.
    01-18-11 06:17 PM
    So basically, I can go to AT&T whenever this is a big issue with my phone and I'm still under the one year contract, and my phone can be replaced witha refurbished one? And it'll be free since it's under warranty?

01-18-11 08:20 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD