Its annoying seeing all unwanted apps down in pecking order in Applications. Are there any way to completely wipe out from the system thus keep it tidy. May be there are spaces secure in the process.

Kindly advise;
    07-31-11 12:58 AM
    Can you explain your situation in more detail?
    I don't quite understand your question.
    07-31-11 01:02 AM
    oh OK. I am browsing all my apps through AppWorld. On bottom right, i.e. My World there are two sections, i.e. Installed(mine is 23) and Uninstalled (mine is 39). Yeah I know its grey and the reason is there I guess for me to install it in near future if I want it to. When I delete it 99.9% I won't install it again for several obvious reasons. So my question is can I 'purge' it out completely thus leave me with Uninstalled(0); Ok, '0' seems impossible, at least most of it. Can it be done?

Thanks in advance;
    07-31-11 01:31 AM
    Good question.
    07-31-11 01:43 AM
    Once you have App World running and are in My World, hold down ALT and press the letters RST. When you restart it, you won’t see any more of those uninstalled apps in My World
    Try what I quoted above.
    If that fails, Reinstall – Pause Download – Cancel Download is another method.
    07-31-11 01:47 AM
    Done that and for a while it frooze but I can manage to shut it off completely. Do a battery pull and restart the device. Unfortunately its still there; quick question, does rst same to RST or I have to press a little while for R, S and T sequencely? Thanks
    07-31-11 02:07 AM
    Done that and for a while it frooze but I can manage to shut it off completely. Do a battery pull and restart the device. Unfortunately its still there; quick question, does rst same to RST or I have to press a little while for R, S and T sequencely? Thanks
    You hold down ALT the whole time while you press R, S then T.
    07-31-11 02:16 AM
    Done that twice but all the same result. Thanks for your tips, guess its okay they stay there...thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 05:07 AM
    Alt + R S T (a reset of app world)no longer clears uninstalled apps from app world. They are tied to your username not anything on the device. Unfortunately there is no way to clear them.

If you do a little search this has been discussed in several threads several times.
    07-31-11 05:12 AM
    Its annoying seeing all unwanted apps down in pecking order in Applications. Are there any way to completely wipe out from the system thus keep it tidy. May be there are spaces secure in the process.

Kindly advise;
    Applications that were either bought or gotten for free through App World will always show as deleted, there is no way to remove that list.

If you go to options, all programs, and they are still listed there they have not been properly removed.

The App World issue has been well documented on virtually every BB forum, that is the way it works, it's just a record of what you have done. If the app shows deleted or removed, than it is from your BB.
    07-31-11 08:07 AM
    Thank you guys for the clarification. Sorry for not thoroughly checking it, guess my search might not accurate / wrong on topic.

I see this like your life error. Evethough it was yesterday its kind of you can never erase history. Cheers.

07-31-11 10:00 AM
    It sure would be nice if the next version of App World allows us to permanently remove deleted programs from this list.

I don't care to see that "Viggo" is "unavailable" for my Torch just because I tried it out on my Pearl 8100... TWO YEARS AGO.

That was just after App World started the whole log-in thing where they began keeping your list of apps on their site.

I'd also like to lose the other 15 apps that I've tried and deleted in the years since - but can't.

Good thing is - if the programs are properly deleted, they are really gone from the phone's app memory. But a backup of the install files are stored on the media card. Those are at least easy enough the delete yourself.

The other problem with this list is that if you upgrade an app outside of App World - like through the app itself, somehow App World loses track of it and will list it as "uninstalled". Even though you still have it and it's still running just fine.

Not the most thought out program.

07-31-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD