Is anybody having a problem with the proximity sensor? Lately I been making calls and my head has been hitting the touchscreen buttons the only thing that has changed is that I am using a privacy protector on my screen and I am wondering if that could be affecting it.
    08-29-10 06:02 PM
    I have a privacy protector as well and no issues here. Haven't made any changes otherwise?
    08-29-10 06:03 PM
    Most do affect it. Remove it and try... I am sure your problem will go away.
    08-29-10 06:07 PM
    No issues with mine. I don't generally hold my phone so close to my face that it touches.
    08-29-10 06:08 PM
    here's what i do..
    since i have the privacy protector as well..
    befor you put the phone near your face..
    bring up the number keys..
    it's better to hit a number.. THAN do a 3 way calling or end the call accidentally
    08-29-10 08:52 PM
    It appears as though certain privacy protectors will effect the proxy performance and others wont. Try to find out who's having success and with which product.
    08-29-10 11:12 PM
    Mine is made from Case Mate bought from the AT&T store

I took the privacy protector off and the proximity sensor worked like a champ so that is the cause of my problem... What type are you guys using that are working.
    Last edited by jstarett; 08-29-10 at 11:44 PM.
    08-29-10 11:20 PM
    here's what i do..
    since i have the privacy protector as well..
    befor you put the phone near your face..
    bring up the number keys..
    it's better to hit a number.. THAN do a 3 way calling or end the call accidentally

Lol I was putting people on hold and not realizing it and hanging up thinking it was a bad connection and yeah I was using the dialpad but I was getting annoyed with the constant beeping!
    08-29-10 11:49 PM
    i have the casemate privacy protector from AT&T as well..
    and oh boy, this is THICK..
    no wonder it can disrupt the proximity sensor
    08-30-10 08:09 AM
    i have the casemate privacy protector from AT&T as well..
    and oh boy, this is THICK..
    no wonder it can disrupt the proximity sensor
    I have the same one as well......I'd like to find one that is crystal clear. The Case Mate seems to take away from the screen resolution.
    08-30-10 08:12 AM
    I have the same one as well......I'd like to find one that is crystal clear. The Case Mate seems to take away from the screen resolution.
    i think what you need is the Anti-glare and not the privacy screen..
    i have the privacy screen since my Bold 9000 days and yes it takes time to getting used to, since you can only See it clearly at a certain angle.. that is directly facing you.
    but still even with the privacy screen, i have the brightness set to 30%. IT is still very bright and it conserves battery.
    08-30-10 08:16 AM
    I used to mute, put calls on speakerphone, and put someone on hold with my face before. I also use a privacy screen protector. The best fix that I've found is to install stormslider (for free) to put the screen on lock while on a call. I just press two buttons right after I make a call and don't have to worry about face dialing anymore. love it
    08-30-10 12:52 PM
    The best fix that I've found is to install stormslider (for free) to put the screen on lock while on a call. I just press two buttons right after I make a call and don't have to worry about face dialing anymore. love it
    i have the storm slider lite..
    i wish i have thought of that!
    you're a Genius..
    08-30-10 01:47 PM
    I bought SwipeLock and although it locks the keys while you're in a call, it's got a really annoying habit of locking the screen too quickly, etc. It's not what I expected (there wasn't a trial version) - but at least I just wasted three bucks or so.
    08-31-10 08:56 AM
    i had the same problem too...i cut my privacy screen right under the word blackberry and that helped... it was hanging up people putting things on hold and going to the contact list...
    09-23-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD