I am not quite sure how to troubleshoot this since it's only happened to me twice in the three months I've owned my Torch. Also, it's not something that I would notice immediately in most cases.

I have 4 profiles for alerts:
    Normal
    Vibrate
    Silent
    Sleep

Twice I have found my phone has suddenly and inexplicably gone to default profiles. I don't know exactly but it's like:
    Normal
    Loud
    Medium
    Vibrate
    Silent

My custom "sleep" profile is suddenly gone and profiles that I've deleted, like "Loud", appear out of nowhere.

This is not a huge problem...yet...since I can just plug the phone in to the computer and restore just the "Sounds" and everything is back to normal...but in the first instance, I lost my sleep profile and didn't notice until an email woke me up at 2AM (my sleep profile silences emails etc.).

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? It never happened on my 9000. I'm looking for more info to try and find out why.

Thanks!
    11-12-10 09:53 AM
    This happened to me recently, perhaps due to a failed restoration after a new OS install. I lost my custom profile configured for BerryBuzz which was annoying and tedious to set up. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 11:01 AM
    Mine has not been anything to do with an OS install - it just randomly happens when I least expect it. If the restore goes bad you should just try to restore just the "Sounds" item and it should work fine...
    11-12-10 07:09 PM
    Weird, i've basically run every OS the torch has had and haven't had this happen.
    11-12-10 07:22 PM
    Weird, i've basically run every OS the torch has had and haven't had this happen.
    It's only been twice in 3 months so...the first time it happened I just chalked it up to a random glitch. Now that it's happened twice I just want to see if anyone else has seen it...very strange though indeed.

I wish I could find out exactly when it happens - it would help to troubleshoot - but it's just not something you can really watch for unless you check your profiles every time you pick up the phone.

It has happened on two different OS versions...I think .246 and definitely .337.
    11-13-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD