Just recently got the Torch. Few problems that I hoped people had a solution too:

Got the torch last week.

Starting yesterday: Once I click the search bar at the top, keyboard will come up but not the search menu, therefore not allowing me to search. Also, it won't allow me to click on the "All" or "Frequent" or "Downloads" tab in the home screen, and I am no longer allowed to scroll down through those icons. For these reasons certain applications I can not reach.

Any ideas what the problem is here?
    09-08-10 07:45 AM
    Have you done a battery pull? Pull the battery out with phone on, wait a minute and put it back in.
    09-08-10 07:52 AM
    Such a simple solution and it worked, don't know why I didn't try. Thought it was a more serious problem.

Any ideas on what may have caused this? Just like a computer that after running for so long, needed a hard restart?
    09-08-10 08:30 AM
    Yeah it's something that happens with the bb os sometimes. A battery pull is the first thing to try when having problems. Also one should be done after installing new apps, not sure if that has changed in the new OS 6 or not. Also if you're having problems after installing an app and pulling the battery a good guess is it's the app.
    09-08-10 08:42 AM
    I can't really comment on WHY this happened. But I do battery pulls for every "problem" I think I have.

I also do a quick battery pull like once a week just to keep my device running smoothly (not sure if thats overkill). Torch boots up so much quicker than my other devices did I don't even notice anymore.
    09-08-10 08:42 AM
    i have had this happen. I also cant figure out why sometimes the menu will be stable along the black bar at the bottom, but when I click all - and it goes to the top, I have clicked all again and it went down BUT stopped in the center of the screen. Then this morning, the text (like all, downloads, frequent, etc.) wasnt even showing, but a small arrow icon at the VERY bottom of the screen. When you clicked that, the entire menu popped up and filled the screen. I dont understand why this keeps happening and I have to do a battery pull everytime to get it back to default. That to me is crazy!

Also, any advice on how to get pandora to actually be SILENT when on vibrate mode? I had my ph on vibrate the other day and all of sudden Pandora began playing, and was loud. On my curve when the ph was on vibrate, nothing played in the speaker.
    09-08-10 09:50 AM
    i have had this happen. I also cant figure out why sometimes the menu will be stable along the black bar at the bottom, but when I click all - and it goes to the top, I have clicked all again and it went down BUT stopped in the center of the screen. Then this morning, the text (like all, downloads, frequent, etc.) wasnt even showing, but a small arrow icon at the VERY bottom of the screen. When you clicked that, the entire menu popped up and filled the screen. I dont understand why this keeps happening and I have to do a battery pull everytime to get it back to default. That to me is crazy!

Also, any advice on how to get pandora to actually be SILENT when on vibrate mode? I had my ph on vibrate the other day and all of sudden Pandora began playing, and was loud. On my curve when the ph was on vibrate, nothing played in the speaker.
    The home screen icons move up and down as per your setting. You can click on "All" for example and drag it up or down and leave it where you like. If you then just click on it and don't drag it will either fill the whole screen or on another click, go back to the exact spot that you had it set to. I don't understand what part of that requires you to do a battery pull though?

I'm not sure about pandora as I don't use it - do a search for pandora and ask in a pandora issue thread.
    09-08-10 09:59 AM
    battery pull solves 99% of BB problems!
    09-08-10 10:16 AM
    battery pull solves 99% of BB problems!
    Just like rebooting a computer solves most problems with it...if only my parents would learn that!
    09-08-10 10:22 AM
    Thanks to the help of the BB forum, I have also learned that alt+aA^+del will restart your Torch.
    09-08-10 10:24 AM
    QL and ControlBBanel apps have a device restart feature as well.
    09-08-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD