Hello all,
    I have a 2010 Kia Soul that allows me to connect my phone via USB to play music off of my micro sd. The same micro sd worked with my 9700 while connected, but my Torch won't connect. The car says "reading USB" then "USB error reading". What gives?

Oh I should probably mention that I can connect using bluetooth, but that is only to activate hands-free phone calls. It is not possible to play music via bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 03:52 PM
    Try backingup/saving all of the data on the SD card, then re-format it, and put all the data back on it and then try again.
    08-20-10 04:54 PM
    Ok, I have backed up everyhting on my media card, reformatted and reloaded everything. I am at work now, so when I get off, we shall see. Thanks
    08-21-10 08:28 AM
    Definitely let us know. I have a Soul and a Torch too. I haven't tried to use the music off the USB. You can always use the AUX jack if all else fails.
    08-21-10 12:01 PM
    So I exchanged my Torch for another one because my slider got stuck and my new Torch is not working either via USB connection and I formatted the micro sd. It sees the connection and says it is reading USB, but then it kicks out and says USB failure.

Oh and now my bluetooth phone connection isn't working. It worked with my old Torch but it will not work with the new one. I know I've set up the connection correctly. It connects and I can call someone, but I cannot hear it ring or a person talking if they answer. I completely bummed. Can anyone help?

EDIT: a battery pull made the bluetooth work, but the USB is still not working

Last edited by jr5417; 08-24-10 at 06:24 PM.
    08-23-10 07:55 PM
    Do you have a 2010 or a 2011 Soul because you can stream audio on the 2011 Soul. check it out Upgrade For 2010 Soul Audio System - Soul Hamsters Forum
    10-30-10 07:26 PM
    have the same problem with my Honda Pilot. Used to be able to play music files via the USB port in Mass storage mode. The torch doesn't give me that option. Even when using the USB Drive option.
    11-06-10 08:43 PM
    I have a 2010
    11-09-10 11:33 AM
    can you just use the USB to charge and stream music over bluetooth?
    11-09-10 11:52 AM
    I have a Droid X running 2.2 and I just purchased a 2011 Kia Soul (base). I tried and tried and got the same error until I unmounted the sd card, connected the usb to the Droid X, then turned on the stereo and switched to Aux. It seems to remount the card and then I can view all mp3 files.
    I do not think I have Bluetooth capability but if anyone knows that to be untrue, please let me know. ([email protected])

Thanks
    03-16-11 10:16 PM
    make sure when plugging in your bb to the car's USB, you are selecting the USB flash drive opetion on the bb. if you select media sync, or charge only, it will not work... ithe car needs to read the bb the same way it would read a flash drive, and not as a phone...
    03-17-11 12:48 PM
    I too have the same issues with the USB connection. 2010 Soul 2u I dont believe the streaming bluetooth audio can be done on this model. (been trying) I will try the unmounting of the media card trick and see where that takes me. Any other ideas? I don't ever see the three choices when this USB connection is tried... but do for all others.. might be a clue here. I was looking for a way of auto mounting without the options showing to try and get around that. Any suggestions?
    03-29-13 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD