Hi there, I'm not really sure where to post this, but I figured it would be better under the device forum. I am not new to Blackberry, I've had a Curve 8350i and a Bold 9780. I bought the Torch 9800 online (ebay) and I've never had this issue setting up an email account before. When I went to Setup, then Email Accounts, it says "Checking for updates", then when the screen appears, my hotmail.com email is already listed there. Above it, it says "to activate email on your Blackberry device, type the password for your email address(es). It has only one box for me to type the password. I have retyped it a million times, I have signed into my hotmail account online and I am POSITIVE I'm typing the correct password. When I hit "activate" a screen comes up that says "Sorry, unable to continue your session, please log in again."

There are no other options for me to add another email and when I hit the menu key I don't get any options either. Has anyone ever had this problem/know how to fix it?? All help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    pur wanto likes this.
    10-04-11 05:21 AM
    Have you tried calling your carrier? When i got my bold, the email set up interface was for BES, and not for BIS. But once i called my carrier, BIS was activated on my bb and everything went on like a breeze after that.

Enjoy your new BlackBerry as I am enjoying mine.
    mandiescrivens likes this.
    10-04-11 05:46 AM
    contact the carrier to reset the password :-)
    mandiescrivens likes this.
    10-04-11 05:52 AM
    Awesome! Wow thanks a million!
    10-04-11 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD