I've had a problem where-by I'll be in a call and because I always rest the phone on my face/cheek it'll accidentally either hit the hold button (and it doesn't even tell you you've placed someone on hold) or it'll put a call on loudspeaker. These things are VERY annoying - anyone got any fixes to this?
    10-01-10 09:01 PM
    There are a ton of threads about this already. Do you have a screen protector on your phone?
    10-01-10 09:09 PM
    Yes plenty of threads about this already.

I'm going to bet you're using a screen protector. There's a sensor right next to the LED that turns off the screen when you put it near your face (or anything for that matter). If you have a piece of plastic obstructing the sensor it can cause it to malfunction.

Either that or you have a broken proximity sensor.
    10-01-10 09:21 PM
    I have a screen protector and no problems. Well I did at first. I wasn't usd to touch. But give it time. You'll learn how to NOT do those things eventually!
    10-01-10 09:52 PM
    I have a screen protector and no problems. Well I did at first. I wasn't usd to touch. But give it time. You'll learn how to NOT do those things eventually!
    You don't have to learn to NOT do those things. The proximity sensor deactivates the screen when it is close to your face so those things wont happen. A screen protector can prevent the sensor from working correctly. You just need to cut a notch in the protector where the sensor is and it should be fine.
    10-01-10 09:58 PM
    You don't have to learn to NOT do those things. The proximity sensor deactivates the screen when it is close to your face so those things wont happen. A screen protector can prevent the sensor from working correctly. You just need to cut a notch in the protector where the sensor is and it should be fine.
    Maybe.....but for me I have always had the same screen protecor on. I've noticed that at first I was almost afraid to touch the screen and I was cautiously holding the phone a lil away from my face. I have over time learned that I don't have to worry about it and now it's fine. This was my first touch ever and in the very beginning, I didn't even know there was a prox sens. lol
    10-01-10 10:10 PM
    Sorry for not searching, my bad!

I don't have a screen protector so why should this happen to me?
    10-02-10 03:37 AM
    Like I said your proximity sensor might be broken. Make a phone call and place your hand up near the sensor (next to the LED) and see if the screen turns off. If you can't make it turn off then you might need to swap your phone.
    10-02-10 08:11 AM
    Like I said your proximity sensor might be broken. Make a phone call and place your hand up near the sensor (next to the LED) and see if the screen turns off. If you can't make it turn off then you might need to swap your phone.
    Thanks mate - have requested a like-for-like exchange

Although when I tried another Torch in the store - the SAME problem happened hmm
    10-02-10 09:32 AM
    Thanks mate - have requested a like-for-like exchange

Although when I tried another Torch in the store - the SAME problem happened hmm
    You do realize that you have to be in phone mode (making a call, checking voice mail, receiving a call) in order to check to see if the proximity sensor works?
    10-02-10 12:22 PM
    You do realize that you have to be in phone mode (making a call, checking voice mail, receiving a call) in order to check to see if the proximity sensor works?
    Yes I'm not that much of an ***** lol.

After 2 more test-torches, finally got a replacement Torch where the proximity sensor works. The first one given and a replacement had the same problem with it only working SOMETIMES - like once in 12 tries. Perhaps just a dodgy batch?
    10-02-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD