I've got a problem with my Blackberry Torch (9800), I've checked some previous posts but its not something I've seen anyone mention before.

So basically, I'm having a wonderful variety of problems. I'll start with the most irritating and work my way down.

The phone keeps freezing and then turning itself off when I can't get working again. I've not noticed it doing it at regular intervals or when I'm doing something specific on my phone. It just flips out and then dies on me and goes to the reboot screen.

Other problems...the touchscreen for some unknown reason will stop working so I have to resort to using the trackpad which will then also fail and nothing will work. I can click the icon I am on but I can't move it so I have to do a battery pull in order to get it back in working order again.

Lastly I can't connect to Blackberry Desktop manager. Meaning I can't back up data or update my software. I updated the phone last week, maybe the week before but I'm not sure which update I'm on.

All in all this is making my phone completely unusable, any ideas?

P.S Oh and the phone randomly disconnects from Blackberry Internet Services for no reason when I am walking about/on a bus in central London.
    10-25-11 06:10 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry

In My Opinion, It sounds like you have a hardware problem probably with the main board since your symptoms are all over the place.

You say you updated the phone last week or 2 weeks ago. Were you having problems before you updated?

If not, you may just have a bad install of the OS. There are guide on wiping your phone and reinstalling the OS.

If the answer is yes, then it points to your main board. How long have you had your phone? Is it still under warranty?
    10-25-11 06:47 AM
    These problems began this morning after I had woken up so not sure if anything happened during the night.

v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236 this is the OS I am on at the moment. How do I go about wiping my phone and reinstalling the OS?

I got my phone around this time last year, but I can't remember. Might still be under warranty but I'll need to check with Vodafone.
    10-25-11 08:32 AM
    10-25-11 11:22 AM
    To get it back to previus OS just connect your blackberry to a computer and in the desktop software there is an option to check the OS and u can downgrade it
    10-25-11 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD