Hi, I'm currently deployed in the army. I'm in Kuwait and bought a blackberry torch before i left. i didn't get the international plan because i was gonna try to use a different sim card once i got here.
    so the problem is I'm here now and have an Internet service with a service provider called zain over here but cant use that sim card with my blackberry. i unlocked my phone but when i put the sim card in my phone it only lets me send text messages and come up with a "no service book entrees for the web browser on your device" message.
    does anybody know a way to use the zain Internet sim card in the blackberry. i know a couple guys that use it with there iPhone and want to do the same.
    Please help,
    thanks.
    01-29-11 10:22 AM
    First off, a big THANK YOU for your service!!

Have you tried -- or are you able -- to resend your service books?
    Open up email, then Options from the BB menu, then select Email Account Management. Select your main email account, then hit the BB key. Select Service Books, then tap the Send Service Books button.

I'm not sure if this works overseas or not, but it's worth a shot.
    01-29-11 10:39 AM
    Did you get a BLACKBERRY Data Plan on your SIM card from Zain?
    01-29-11 10:50 AM
    HI,
    If the Torch is unlocked, that is only for phone SIM cards. So that Zain SIM card (to make phone calls will work). If the Zain card has a data service, then you can surf the web. if there is no data service to the card, you cannot use the data service.
    Wifi should work on your phone. So, you need to be in a wifi area for it to work.

BBM won't work unless you have an AT&T SIM card with Data Sevice.

Hope this helps.
    01-29-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD