My camera has a weird purple/yellow kinda pixel thing going on. It's there when I look at the screen and it appears in the photos as well:

example

Please help!
    12-31-10 12:35 PM
    Nobody has ever had this?

I'm still within my 30 days so I'll take it back to the store.
    01-03-11 06:56 AM
    Nobody has ever had this?

I'm still within my 30 days so I'll take it back to the store.
    Should be the best to do.
    01-03-11 07:02 AM
    That is definitely not normal, take it back for a replacement. That is the only solution.
    01-03-11 07:59 AM
    I would say take it back too!
    01-03-11 08:15 AM
    The only annoying thing is that I have skin already on it and I don't think I can take it off and reapply it to another phone (it's one of those sticky vinyl skins)
    01-03-11 08:16 AM
    10 to 40$ dollars for a skin or 200 for a paperweight that cant take proper pictures. It's a no brainer for me.
    01-03-11 08:18 AM
    Looks like a software problem, still if you're under warranty better take it back.
    01-03-11 08:21 AM
    If starchest is right and its software, wouldn't a better option be to reoad the OS? Or update to a new one since there's a skin on it?

You can give that a try before you return...

I personally think its hardware related, but I really have no idea...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 08:28 AM
    The return period is 15 days (not 30 like I thought) and I am 3 days over that I will try to reload the OS when I can figure out how to, hopefully this will help!
    01-03-11 08:32 AM
    The return period is 15 days (not 30 like I thought) and I am 3 days over that I will try to reload the OS when I can figure out how to, hopefully this will help!
    Even it's already up for 3 days, nothing wrong when you try to return it. much easy than the hassle for you to reload the os. Imagine you will be getting a new one vs reloading the OS.
    01-03-11 08:40 AM
    IMO I think it's a hardware problem too. No harm trying to reload the OS, if it doesn't help than go for exchange/repair. Am sure you have warranty or something like that for the phone, right?
    01-03-11 08:43 AM
    Even if your over your carriers return policy the device is warrantied from RIM for 1 year. Call your carriers CS and explain to them the problem, you may get a warranty replacement or a refurbished model. Either way it will be better then a pixelated camera if indeed it is a hardware issue and not a software. Personally I think you'll find its hardware and not software.
    01-03-11 08:43 AM
    I'll stick with software, update/reload it and post results. Even though I said return it. You could just relaod it first and see what happens, it won't take more than half an hour.
    01-03-11 08:47 AM
    I'll stick with software, update/reload it and post results. Even though I said return it. You could just reload it first and see what happens, it won't take more than half an hour.
    Takes me 10 minutes to reload, but then of course I've done it a thousand times with various BB's. Anyone that doesn't really know what there doing it may take quite a while to accomplish.

Before you try reloading your OS, don't forget to backup any third party app, and also a full system backup. That way after your done with the OS you can reload everything you already had and it will be like you didn't have to reload.
    01-03-11 08:50 AM
    I called the store, they said I have 30 days for defective units. First I had to call tech support, guided me through the reloading/updating process and the camera is still doing it. I will go and exchange it today.
    01-03-11 09:43 AM
    Quick update: indeed a hardware problem. Got a new phone no problem and camera works fine

01-04-11 01:10 PM
    That is definitely not normal, take it back for a replacement. That is the only solution.
    Quick update: indeed a hardware problem. Got a new phone no problem and camera works fine

I think a "told you so" is in order here.
    01-04-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD