Hello,
    First I would like to say Im new and if im posting this in the area I apologize.
    I ran across an add today for a program that you can download to your phone to intercept text, it can listen in to the room or area where the phone is ect .. Is there any way to prevent this? Im posting the link to help with explaining what it is not to promote it as it scares me and I want to be able to prevent this is possible.

www[dot]trackwary[dot]com
    02-05-11 07:44 PM
    Its an app you have to install or one that must be pushed by your admins. If not on BES yes it is preventable, don't install it. If on BES and your company implements such a program, you will have no choice over the install...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 08:06 PM
    In order for it to be downloaded to your device, I think someone would first need access to your BB. Second, I'm not positive but I would only assume that like any application you would be able to find it in your applications list. The best way to prevent unauthorized access, is to simply password your BB and not leave it unattended where it could become compromised.
    02-05-11 08:08 PM
    If you read the ad, it says it installs undetected and hides in the background. I wasnt going to put it on my phone, this is for someone to get into your blackberry. Check out the link. No access needed to the BB your spying on , hides itself so the person never sees it on the phone.
    02-05-11 10:15 PM
    As others have pointed out, someone would have to have some time alone with your BB to install this on your phone.

It's hidden after it is installed, they can't install it remotely.

You shouldn't have to worry about this unless you leave your phone unlocked for any length of time around some pretty unscrupulous people OR you work for a company that needs to keep information tight and wants to know who is leaking information.

If it's your BB for your personal use, I wouldn't worry about it unless you are in the habit of leaving it unlocked around people who would have a reason to need to know what you are doing on your phone.

Like your parents, maybe?

BTW, I DID read the application descriptions which is why I answered the way I did.

(Only cause you seem kinda young based on your level of understanding about the app in question and how apps work in general.)
    Last edited by ajwalker65; 02-05-11 at 10:47 PM. Reason: additional information
    02-05-11 10:40 PM
    The page seems to be down now or you could read it again, non the less I am a 41 yr old Internet gaming and hosting provider. I work with apps and various related things in my business. I am new to BB and the ad stated that you did not need access to the phone your spying on. That app hides itself. Ex wife, law enforcement anyone with a few bucks can eavesdrop. Thanks anyway
    Last edited by jeffprsn; 02-06-11 at 01:42 PM.
    02-06-11 01:34 PM
    well ajwalker im a 41yr old man. And as the ad that seems to be down stated "no access to plant this on the phone your listening in on." I am not a child because I dont understand an ap. The ap can be used by law enforcement anyone that want to listen, your ex wife, nosy neighbor. The program installs to you phone to spy on others that use a BB. You comment without reading the page the ap is on i guess. No help here because Im reading it different than anyone whos replied.
    It is not necessary to read the app description in this situation, as the previous posters stated it is IMPOSSIBLE to install an app on your phone without you or someone doing it manually (unless you are on BES) and it will show up on your application list if you or someone installed it. It doesn't matter what the advertising material says on the site, it is just not possible on the BlackBerry platform.
    02-06-11 01:41 PM
    I'm sorry if I offended you by assuming you were younger than you are.

However, in all of your 41 years, when have you ever known any application that installed itself by itself?

Not possible and could never happen without you (or someone) installing it on the device. There is no such thing as any program on any platform being able to install without the owner's consent.

Can't happen and you are twisting yourself in knots worrying about the impossible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD