i'm creating this thread to investigate the issues that other members are posting.
    it's pretty simple. post your complaints and where your torch was manufactured and where you got it
    We have 4 Torches in the house right now ( Dad, 2 bros and mine)
    and i'm happy to report that every phone is SOLIDly Built, no falling pieces, no mis aligned letters, no wiggle.. and YES no lag.
    battery is amazing.. mine lasted 56 hours on a moderate use.

so here it goes:

Made in Mexico. accesories made in Japan, Turkey and France
    purchased all 4 units at AT&T Corp store Emerald Square, North Attleboro MA

08-15-10 11:53 PM
    I know I will be following this thread. I'm still undecided on whether to upgrade or not, and this might help narrow down my hassle.
    08-16-10 12:23 AM
    Onky issue i hve us that i beed servuce book to get the full functionality of the phone. Ne one know how to get service books? N e one wnt to help me out just let me know ut other thab that no issues love this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 12:37 AM
    Mine is the same as the OP. From mexico.
    08-16-10 12:48 AM
    Mine is the same as the OP. From mexico.
    are you having problems though? or is it solidly built?
    i asked my friends and co workers who got the torch.
    some during the launch day and others just this friday.
    so far the consensus is this..
    ALL of us have Torches made in Mexico.
    it appears that the New England area ( well i can only claim MA and RI) at this time.. phones are ok. no problems
    08-16-10 07:31 AM
    it appears that the New England area ( well i can only claim MA and RI) at this time.. phones are ok. no problems
    [/I]
    I'm in CT, mine was made in Mexico, no problems with it, just an ever so slight wiggle of the slider.
    08-16-10 07:35 AM
    I got mine in buffalo, ny. Mine is made in hungary. I have no issues with mine. It is perfect =)
    08-16-10 08:45 AM
    2 here in Northern Illinois, made in Mexico, no problems thus-far.
    08-16-10 08:46 AM
    thanks for the responses guys!
    it appears that those manufactured in Mexico and Hungary are problem free!
    now waiting for the other countries.. to post
    08-16-10 08:58 AM
    Bought in Southern Cal
    phone made in Mexico

- have the fuzzy call quality - big issue

- ever so slight wiggle - not really an issue
    - battery doing much better after 2nd charge - don't think an issue any more
    08-16-10 11:23 AM
    Bought my phone in Maryland. Made in Mexico. On my second phone... touch screen stops working. debating going for my third
    08-16-10 11:58 AM
    haven't seen anyone with a Made in Canada Torch.
    would love to hear from those guys ei!
    08-16-10 01:52 PM
    The only problem mine seems to have is the button being a bit raised up where the end button is so it might be at risk for peeling. It was made in Mexico and bought in LA from a corp AT&T store. When I go to the store to get it checked out I'll let you know if I see the same problem on other Torches.
    08-16-10 02:39 PM
    haven't seen anyone with a Made in Canada Torch.
    would love to hear from those guys ei!
    That's because it hasn't been released here as yet and the Canadians that have picked one up, did so from the States (made in Mexico etc).
    08-16-10 03:33 PM
    Mine says made in Mexico 4. Not sure what the 4 means... multiple locations in Mex maybe?

No problems as of yet, I am very happy with the phone. To me it is a huge improvement from the 9000 I have had for the last year and a half.
    08-16-10 05:13 PM
    No problems so far (knock on wood).

Made in Mexico (4). Purchased in Clifton, NJ.
    Last edited by VeryBold; 08-17-10 at 07:42 AM.
    08-16-10 07:40 PM
    Very happy with my Torch after getting it this afternoon. No problems that I've run across so far.

Made in Mexico2. Purchased from Premiere via phone.
    08-16-10 08:35 PM
    Double post
    Last edited by spartacus802; 08-16-10 at 08:44 PM.
    08-16-10 08:37 PM
    So it seems most Torches made in Mexico and Hungary are good to very good..
    i hope the other people who have issues will post here as well.
    08-16-10 09:00 PM
    Got mine at an AT&T corporate store in Round Rock, Tx. Made in MEXICO 5. Ever so slight wiggle. Sometimes lags just a touch, but not really a problem.

Wonder how many manufacturing plants they have in Mexico. Maybe the "5", "2" or "4" is the assembly line number. dunno
    08-16-10 09:04 PM
    mine is also made in Mexico 5.
    bought in Massachusetts
    i didn't really paid much attention before about the number.
    but i think it's the assembly line.
    08-16-10 09:08 PM
    Bought in Cleveland ohio
    1st one Made in mexico ? kept loosing BIS
    New one today Made in Mexico 4 (crossing fingers)
    Will report back if problems
    08-16-10 10:56 PM
    I got mine in Erie, PA and it was made in Mexico. No problems with the build just a tinny voice when I speak into the handset.
    08-16-10 10:57 PM
    Mexico 5, bought in Bellingham, Washington. Camera App crashes sometimes or freezes with black screen and have to exit and go into camera several times before it actually comes on. OS freezes or doesn't respond to prompts (such as when it asks you a yes/cancel question) if you tap yes too quickly after the prompt appears. It appears that OS6 gets confused if you react to stuff too quickly. This happened with both the stock OS and the new leaked beta, although it's much improved with the beta leak.

Build quality fine. Normal wiggle for a sliding based mechanism.
    08-16-10 11:36 PM
    I have had a few issues with it freezing, or the touch screen not working correct, would stop working.
    My phone came from the Premiere Store, shipped out of Fort Worth, Texas to me in Ventura, California, Made in Mexico 5. Browser was working, then now isn't working, slow loading, if it even loads a page. Already thinking of going back to my 9700, OS 6 Stinks!
    08-17-10 12:21 AM
180 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD