hi,
    i was wondering, for those who've used or had both, which do you prefer and why?
    thanks for your time
    03-30-11 09:51 PM
    bb native callendar by far. if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    03-30-11 10:19 PM
    PocketInformant. It has so many features and options so yu can tweak it for your needs.
    03-30-11 11:31 PM
    bb native calendar for me.. was not that impressed with PI.
    03-31-11 03:22 AM
    were you able to sycn PI with outlook? if so, how did you do it, please? (and i already know how to sync. it's just that it keeps crashing. i was wondering if there's a work around...)
    TIA
    03-31-11 01:31 PM
    were you able to sycn PI with outlook? if so, how did you do it, please? (and i already know how to sync. it's just that it keeps crashing. i was wondering if there's a work around...)
    TIA
    Exactly why I use the native calender now. Kept crashing and was more of a hassle then it was worth.
    03-31-11 01:44 PM
    I too prefer the native - works seamlessly with google sync and has a better ui than pi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 02:28 PM
    PI has a lot more features and it syncs perfectly with outlook.
    04-01-11 11:36 AM
    ok guys, after 2 days i finally figured it out...

i was having to sync outlook > BB, the BB > PI. that wasn't too hard, but i didn't want to keep both calendars on my phone, what a waste of space. not to mention the time wasted syncing everything twice.

i did some fishing around and found out there is a "fix" that you install right over your existing WebIS program (or just install it). after I did that, it worked just fine. it integrates with DM and will allow the sync outlook > PI, in just one direct step.

After I installed that, I deleted PI and reinstalled it, then sync'd.

Here's the link. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, there are 2 blue boxes, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit.

Welcome to WebIS.net - Pocket Informant for iPhone/iPod Touch

Another workable option is a seperate download, for $5, that is supposed to be used on it's own. It is the first link listed here... (32 bit and 64 bit downloads)
    WebIS Knowledgebase :: How do I sync to my desktop?

Hope this helps anyone who's using, or thinking of using Pocket Informant and outlook.

PS there are also fixes for google sync, mac users, etc.
    04-01-11 08:26 PM
    Native calendar.

04-01-11 11:09 PM
    ok, before you say anything, I know I said I figured it out last week, but I didn't.

I finally got the darn thing working. After downloading the fix (which didn't fix the issue at all), I FINALLY figured out that outlook needed to be closed, or you would get the fatal error, do you want to see the log file pop up.

this might be worth a try for those who are trying to sync with other calendars and are having issues. make your changes, close the one on the pc... see if that helps.
    04-06-11 04:04 PM
    I currently have my Outlook Calendar sync with Google Calendar which is my primary. I then pull from that calendar to my iPad, other computers, and smartphones. How does PI do with syncing appointments on Google Calendar and tasks with Toodledo on the Torch?
    04-06-11 06:15 PM
    Sorry, can't help ya. Don't use google calendar or toodledo.

I sync with DM (under "add ins") and works fine (as long as I close outlook first).

That said, it syncs tasks beautifully.
    On a side note, you can specify "categories" in outlook, have them correspond with like categories in PI, and they will show up in whatever color is attached to that category (even if you use different color patterns in outlook and PI).

For example, I have the bulk of my calendar dates/events in lavender. But my husbands stuff is in green. As long as the category is the same, after syncing, the show up in colors in PI. Thus, easy to see what's mine and his (or google and outlook).

Hope that helps some.

Last edited by cntrydncr223; 04-07-11 at 12:23 AM.
    04-07-11 12:20 AM
    I've used and loved PI in an older PDA for years.

I bought it for the Torch and I don't use it anymore. I just don't see the advantages over the native calendar. One of the most annoying features is you can't scroll through the agenda view for more than two weeks using your finger. The native app you can scroll into infinity.

I went through several months of using both but have all but abandoned PI.

That said, I had huge sync issues that went away when I did the following:

-Buy Companion Link. BlackBerry Sync Software - Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes -- CompanionLink Software
    Yes it is expensive but worth every penny. You can try it for free.
    -Sync the native calender with Outlook FIRST and using Companion Link only.
    -Sync PI with Outlook SECOND
    If you've entered data in PI and want it to show up in the native program then repeat step one.

And most importantly: DO NOT SYNC WITH THE NATIVE SYNC THROUGH DM-EVER.

Do not sync through the options in PI, either.
    04-07-11 06:56 PM
    I'm trying out Pocket Informant and find that it slows down my Torch. Anyone using PI and notice the same?
    04-22-11 10:23 PM
    i don't find it slows down the phone, but it does take a second to open.

I like the way i can categorize my events, but i don't like the way nothing adds directly to the 3rd party app.

syncing, at least for me, works well now that i've figured out to close outlook before syncing.

I do find that you can scroll more than 2 weeks, but you scroll left to right, not up and down...
    04-22-11 10:51 PM
    Ever since I installed PI, it slows down Ubersocial, Twitter for Blackberry and just overall navigating through my Torch. Even opening up BBM is slow. I'm using .246. I really don't want to upgrade back to .448 because that OS gave me a lot of issues. I really like the look of PI, but don't know if I can put up with the slow down.
    04-22-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD