I have been trying to troubleshoot a few issues with my Blackberry Torch that AT&T cannot help with. They all seemed to happen after I got back from overseas and after I downloaded SmartGuard to track my phone but then uninstalled it. Could it be the SIM or the phone or the AT&T provisioning or due to some application I had previously downloaded?

1) When I call certain customer service or 1800 numbers and they have IVR (where you have to dial 1 for option 1, dial 2 for option 2, dial 0 to speak to customer service, etc. no matter what I press nothing happens and I just stay on hold as if I had a rotary phone. If I dial the same number from a landline and try it works fine. I can't see how this would be a device issue but other's phones work fine. Some other phone numbers that require IVR dialing do work fine for me. Two numbers that don't work are 1800.862.1934 and 1800.664.3440 - can someone else with AT&T and a Torch try and see if they work for them?

2) In my home location, about 50% of the time the internet comes up with a message that it is not connected and to contact my service provider if it continues. I could surf a couple sites fine, then the next one has the message and I cannot use the internet. I usually have to turn off the mobile radio, turn it back on, and then it works fine (until it doesn't again). I seem to have the problem in my home more often than elsewhere even though it says 3G, I have the Blackberry icon, and it has full bars. The small square with the upload/download arrows seems to forever be on even when I'm not doing anything. It is also always on when I am on the phone. I seem to not ever have an issue with internet while I am actually on a phone call which is also strange. It seems like when I get a Blackberry email the internet doesn't work.

3) I get ~2-3 dropped calls a day, but I assume this is just AT&T's horrible service. Also, when on the phone it's like AT&T doesn't have duplex service - when I talk, I can't hear the other end and vice versa. Audio fades in and out, etc.

Can anyone help on #1 or #2? AT&T wants to do a master reset but that is a pain for me since I'll lose all my corporate email, apps, settings, and Blackberry connectivity. At that point I feel like it is easier to just get a phone replacement since it is under warranty.

Also, is a new Blackberry or newer version of the Torch coming out soon? My warranty is good until August. I read the new Torch isn't until Q3 2011 and I haven't seen anything about the Dakota.
    Last edited by uncdwm; 01-27-11 at 08:13 AM.
    01-27-11 07:46 AM
    I just tried the first number you posted. It doesn't recognize my 1 either. Sometimes I've noticed if I have a screen lock app, I have to unlock it before it'll let me press 1, but I did that and it still didn't recognize it. Did that number work for you before you went overseas?

I've never had the #2 issue you are saying. Do you not have wifi at home that you could connect to when there? What OS version are you on? If you haven't upgraded to .337, you may want to. That won't fix the #1 problem because that's what ver I'm running, but it may help #2?
    01-27-11 07:55 AM
    number seemed to work a while ago - whether it is b/c i went overseas or that's when i noticed it, i am not sure.

can you try the second number i posted as well? if that doesn't work for you either, that is really odd! why would it work for other people's phones and landlines but not our at&t torches?
    01-27-11 08:12 AM
    It is SO easy to blame AT&T
    01-27-11 08:33 AM
    well the number dialing issue seems to ONLY be a problem on AT&T with the Torch so not sure why that would be happening? Some IVR numbers work fine but some don't.

And for the internet droppage, it also seems to be an AT&T coverage issue. Even though it says I have full bars, in my home state I have the issue. Elsewhere I do not.

For software, it says I have 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105) - are you saying .337 is now available instead of .246? Where can I upgrade it since it says my Blackberry is "up to date"?
    Last edited by uncdwm; 02-02-11 at 10:31 AM.
    02-02-11 10:29 AM
    well the number dialing issue seems to ONLY be a problem on AT&T with the Torch so not sure why that would be happening? Some IVR numbers work fine but some don't.

And for the internet droppage, it also seems to be an AT&T coverage issue. Even though it says I have full bars, in my home state I have the issue. Elsewhere I do not.

For software, it says I have 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105) - are you saying .337 is now available instead of .246? Where can I upgrade it since it says my Blackberry is "up to date"?
    You can get .337 from here....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/la...-337-a-548569/

It's not from AT&T so don't forget to delete the vendor file.
    02-02-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD