Hi

I really hope someone can help as this problem is driving me to distraction !!

I upgraded to Torch 9800 last Thursday and all seemed fine until Sunday when it kept re-booting itself. I removed the battery and allowed it to reset which it did and has been ok since. However, it has somehow managed to remove all of my preloaded ringtones and so I am left with nothing at all.

Does anyone know of a way to get them back on or where I can go to download them again ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    10-24-11 07:03 AM
    why dont u take it back to the store where u bought it?
    toongirl likes this.
    10-24-11 08:03 AM
    This is a new one. When you say you upgraded to Torch 9800, was that a new phone upgrade or phone operating system upgrade? Do you remember if you were installing or removing any apps from the phone when the rebooting started?
    toongirl likes this.
    10-24-11 09:22 AM
    I use V5 ringtones on V6 and if I upgrade the OS I lose the V5 ringtones.
    I use the browser and go to m.blackberry.com/support and search for the ringtones and download them.
    I hope this helps.
    toongirl likes this.
    10-24-11 10:46 AM
    If it's a brand new phone, check what os version you are running first. Go to "options" on your phone (the wrench), click on "device", then click on "about device versions" & you can see what os you are running. It's the information right under "6.0 bundle 2657. It's in the parenthesis. If we know what os you are running, we can help you better.

Your other option is to wipe the os & reload it, but I'm with the earlier yungstar. If you just got the phone, go exchange it. It should not randomly reboot on you.

Let us know how it goes.
    toongirl likes this.
    10-24-11 11:10 AM
    I use V5 ringtones on V6 and if I upgrade the OS I lose the V5 ringtones.
    I use the browser and go to m.blackberry.com/support and search for the ringtones and download them.
    I hope this helps.
    Same here, without the search. The V5 ringtone cod is on the home page at http://mobile.blackberry.com
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    toongirl likes this.
    10-24-11 01:48 PM
    Thanks for all the replies much appreciated !

Its a brand new handset upgraded from my much loved BB curve, wish I had kept that now...

It hasnt re-booted anymore since Sunday when I removed the battery and re-set it, thats when i discovered the ringtones had all disappeared I wasnt aware it was installing or removing anything at the time as it just kept re-booting....

Lyls - version states as follows: 6.0 bundle 2554 (v6.0.0.576, Platform 6.6.0.216) does that make sense lol

If i cant easily rectify it, will take it into the Orange shop later this week...

Thanks again
    10-24-11 02:02 PM
    did you try another battery pull to see if that would correct it? sometimes that is all you need to do to fixt it
    toongirl likes this.
    10-24-11 02:37 PM
    Hi Cathy

Havent tried that must admit, but scared it will wipe something else
    10-24-11 02:40 PM
    You can do a batt pull or Alt; Right shift; Delete on keyboard, simultaneously (it's the same thing) it won't delete anything.
    But I still think you will need to download from the BB web site.
    NUFC fan? If so we play you on Wed.
    toongirl likes this.
    10-24-11 02:59 PM
    Hi Rover

Will try a battery pull again and see what happens. Is it possible for someone to post a link to the ringtone downloads as i couldnt find it on blackberry support

Yes indeed a Toon fan, cup match on wednesday against you, interesting !!
    10-24-11 03:04 PM
    Tried the battery pull and it didnt work
    10-24-11 03:10 PM
    that sound troublesome . I think I would take it back and get another torch phone since you just got it
    10-24-11 03:30 PM
    When you go to m.blackberry.com/support look in the top right hand corner; there will be a search field. Search on ringtones.
    If this doesn't work let me know the names of the tones; if known; & I'll have a look.
    10-24-11 04:13 PM
    Hi Rover

Will try a battery pull again and see what happens. Is it possible for someone to post a link to the ringtone downloads as i couldnt find it on blackberry support

Yes indeed a Toon fan, cup match on wednesday against you, interesting !!
    Hi, here's the link to directly download OS5 ringtones over-the-air for use with other OS:

http://xtramadfiio.co.cc/

Cheers!
    BST+7hours-> Far East
    10-25-11 12:24 AM
    Hi Snowleopard

I clicked on the link and it downloaded something but still no ringtones

Think i will just take the handset back to the Orange shop tomorrow and see if they can sort it or give me a new one....
    10-25-11 01:05 PM
    Hi Snowleopard

I clicked on the link and it downloaded something but still no ringtones

Think i will just take the handset back to the Orange shop tomorrow and see if they can sort it or give me a new one....
    Hi toongirl, you should use the phone browser to download and install the ringtones to the phone.
    Let me know if this doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 02:39 PM
    Hi Toongirl,

I'm afraid the Orange shop will know much less than we do on here about BlackBerry.
    Are you @ Ewood tonight? If so let me know, we could try to fix it.
    10-26-11 03:43 AM
    Handset sorted at last Re-installed the software (something which it wouldnt do on Monday !!) and its now fully restored !

Thanks for the help everyone
    10-26-11 03:51 AM
    Spoke to soon shows the ringtones as installed but wont play any of them just says invalid ringtone

On my way to the Orange shop this morning !!
    10-26-11 04:07 AM
    Spoke to soon shows the ringtones as installed but wont play any of them just says invalid ringtone

On my way to the Orange shop this morning !!
    Hi,did you manage to get your BB fixed by Orange? i've used the same method to install OS5 ringtones and it works. u should see about 60+ more ringtones in addition to the OS6 ones.
    btw using same BB9800 so can refer to it.
    10-26-11 11:07 PM
    Here is the link that I use for the os5 ringtones:

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...-6-0-a-564259/

When you click on the link within that post, it opens up your browser & downloads from there.

Let us know how it went at Orange.
    10-30-11 12:06 AM
    Hi guys

thanks for the replies

It appeared to sort itself out on its own, must have been the threat of Orange lol. Havent had any problems since I reinstalled the OS so fingers crossed.

Rover - you were extremely lucky in that cup match
    10-31-11 02:22 PM
    Hi Toongirl,

I'm glad you've got it sorted now.

Cup - If lucky it's the first time this season.....
    11-01-11 05:44 AM
    If it's a brand new phone, check what os version you are running first. Go to "options" on your phone (the wrench), click on "device", then click on "about device versions" & you can see what os you are running. It's the information right under "6.0 bundle 2657. It's in the parenthesis. If we know what os you are running, we can help you better.
    Just an "FYI" for anyone reading this, with OS6 (and 7) you don't need to navigate through Options. You can simply type-to-search.
    In this case, you'd open the Options app and start to type "version". By time you've typed "ver"you'll see the option you're seeking: About Device Versions.

This type-to-search functionality is also in the Help app.

Speaking of which, on all BB's you can simultaneously press ALT+SHIFT+H to open a screen called Help Me! which shows all kinds of device info, including your OS application version.
    Either SHIFT key will work, and you can press this command from anywhere to open the Help Me! screen. (i.e. No need to go to Home Screen first)

Your other option is to wipe the os & reload it, but I'm with the earlier yungstar. If you just got the phone, go exchange it. It should not randomly reboot on you.
    Wiping is more of the final option, and not the only "other" option. There are many steps in between.
    If a user has the identical OS already installed on their PC, they have ways of re-installing any portion of the original OS that is missing on their device.
    You could also upgrade the OS without any wiping, and the Ringtones would be included.

Sorry I'm not trying to be Mr. Know-it-all. (Really!)
    Even though this situation already has a happy ending, others might find this thread down the road through a Search.
    11-01-11 12:00 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD