Dear Crazkberry-ers,

Firstly, thank you in advance for your help. Due to the nature of my career, it is important that I have the ability to text 1 message to a list of hundreds of people. Back when I had my old blackberry, I created dozens of groups, and used to text well over 200 people frequently.

Now, with my new Torch all those groups are useless because I get the stupid "Only 10 recipients allowed" message. RIM are idiots for removing this ability! It's quite honestly asinine. These lists took me so much time to create it's not even funny!

Does anybody know if there is a way I can get around this? Or perhaps an app that will let me send a text to an entire group?

If not, I may buy another phone. Does anybody know if the Bold or Curve have this ability?

Thank you much. Your help is greatly appreciated!!

-Textless in New York
    10-29-10 02:22 PM
    Do a search. This has been brought up several times. There are apps listed in those topics that address this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 02:45 PM
    You will need a 3rd party app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 03:29 PM
    Which one by example?
    11-07-10 09:10 AM
    Why a third party app when most phones do this as standard????

At the mo on my pathetic samsung I can send out texts to a v.large distribution list.
    11-08-10 04:30 AM
    I've been looking for help like this forever! I have YET to find a solution!
    11-08-10 08:19 AM
    I'm also in this predicament with a new Torch. This worked beautifully on my Curve 8900 and 8300 before (just lost my 8900 and replaced with the Torch).

Spent so much time trying to get an important group message out last night only to find this error and was nowhere that I could 'look up' for a resolution. Certainly, RIM Blackberry doesn't offer any help on this.

I did find in another post an app that might help and plan on using (thought I'd share in the venting first hehe):

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2620

Hope this does the trick. Even if we have to PAY more for something that worked fine for free in the past.
    11-28-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD