Hi all,

I am a new soon to be BB owner. Currently I am on the icrap - if it wasn't for my business contacts and email being necessary this phone would have met the wall at startling speed many times over. Almost bought a bold 9700 several times but waited on the torch.

I need major help though - how do I get my contacts from the iphone to the blackberry without outlook. Is there an easy way or will I be doing this manually. Please tell me smartphones are smarter than requiring that. Wouldnt be surprised if apple made it that difficult though.

Thanks in advance.
    08-11-10 08:45 PM
    Not sure how the iphone works but can you back up your contacts to your sim card?

If so, you can probably take your iphone sim card to an ATT store and then have them transfer the contacts to your new blackberry sim card.
    08-11-10 09:33 PM
    The iCrap is a fabulous device - so much so that they wont allow you to save ANYTHING to the simcard. I am extremely knowledgeable with the device (iCrap) but I am sick of the BS I have to go through to get it to do what it should do - I had a freaking Palm Treo that did exactly what I wanted when I wanted for three years - sadly Palm isn't what it could have been and Blackberry is reliable, functional, and while it might not be as "pretty" or contagious as an iPhone it does what it promises and the company doesn't force you to do things you don't want to in order to the phone to be optimal.

The Torch is a phenominal device - I have played with it for over two hours in stores functional and I can't wait to be a part of the BB family.
    08-11-10 09:39 PM
    What you got? PC or MAC? If PC, and no outlook you can verify what mailer you have. You can check this on itunes/contacts. Then you need to set the BB Desktop Manager.
    Click the "Synchronization" button to configure the synchronization settings.

You'll be asked to choose the device applications to synchronize. Choose "Address Book” because you don't have Outlook on your system, then you can choose "Windows Mail" instead.

Just let me know if works.
    08-11-10 09:41 PM
    I transferred all my contacts via Google Sync.
    08-11-10 09:44 PM
    You can sync you contacts and calendar to MS Outlook with iTunes. Once you get your blackberry you can sync to it using the Blackberry DM.
    08-11-10 09:51 PM
    yeah no outlook - it is a pc though. I use thunderbird for mail. Tried the Bb desktop and cant sync till I have the device.
    08-11-10 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD