I just got my torch and first thing I noticed when I got home was that, when closed, the bottom part of the touchscreen has a lot of play. It almost feels like the Storm since the whole slider part presses down. Is this normal or a poor build? The slider seems lifted up at the bottom more than it should be(I can slide a big paper clip in the gap)
    10-12-10 11:11 AM
    YUP.

Search "wiggle" or "wobble" on this forum and you will find at least 3 threads that talk about this.

Some devices are "solid". Others have some "give" to them. Often, this will boil down to how much attention each person pays to the build quality and their own individual standards. My colleague has an identical torch as mine (both mexico 5 builds with a slight wiggle). It drives me nuts. He didn't notice it until I pointed it out. Even now, it doesn't bother him.

If it bothers you, go back to a store and exchange it for a solid one.
    10-12-10 11:51 AM
    My device is completely solid. No wiggle/wobble at all. It seems the devices that came out in Canada a month later have less of this issue like me.
    10-12-10 11:53 AM
    i'm the same, mine has no wiggle
    10-12-10 11:57 AM
    I'm a wobbler as well. Kinda sucks, but I've been just tryin to live with it. If it get's any worse I'm going to see what they will do for me.
    10-12-10 11:58 AM
    Mine wobbles as well, as far as I'm concered they shouldn't wobble at all concidering the "high end2 tag that these 'phones are getting.

Mine is being replaced tomorrow/Thursday.
    10-12-10 12:04 PM
    No wiggle or wobble here. Actually, it feels very solid.
    10-12-10 12:08 PM
    after about 5 days of use the "wiggle" has started to become more and more noticeable. Called Rogers and my new device is coming this week.
    10-12-10 12:09 PM
    Also there are a lot of cases/covers that "fix" the wiggle/wobble issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 12:27 PM
    I ordered 2 9800's. Mine wobbles like crazy, my wife's is rock solid. Both are a week old and are Mexico 5 builds. I called Rogers today because its so bad it feels like my friends Storm. I expect my NEW replacement by the end of the week. If you don't like the wobble/wiggle (wibble ) then get the phone exchanged while you still can.
    10-12-10 01:05 PM
    Also there are a lot of cases/covers that "fix" the wiggle/wobble issue.

Cases that fix it will do so by pressing the slider apart even more. This could cause the wobble if you didn't have it, or eventually make it worse if you do.

But yeah, it might temporarily help.
    10-12-10 01:16 PM
    I've noticed with mine that its been getting worse. You can actually feel it move if you hold the bottom half and shake it gently. I've also noticed that sometimes it's worse than others. The wobble is always there but sometimes its terrible and sometimes more subtle. Has anyone else noticed this?
    10-13-10 07:49 PM
    So I took it back and the guy at AT&T agreed that it felt like a storm with as loose as it was and he replaced it. New one is a Mexico 4 (Previous was a Hungary model) Nice and solid now.
    10-13-10 07:59 PM
    I've noticed with mine that its been getting worse. You can actually feel it move if you hold the bottom half and shake it gently. I've also noticed that sometimes it's worse than others. The wobble is always there ywbut sometimes its terrible and sometimes more subtle. Has anyone else noticed this?
    yes - I do notice that. If the slider is open and you push the bb or return key it feels like the slider has play in it as you push down. once it is pushed down, it tends to stop wiggling. But the top part still shakes like you described. Rogers is sending me a new one and if that is the same then I'm going to grab another type of phone. such annoying quality.
    10-13-10 11:27 PM
    Mexico 5 with Bell here. And definitely some wiggle woggle business. And another thing too (I already have a thread running about it), I think my SIM or SIM reader is defective because it keeps heating up and rebooting
    10-14-10 01:23 AM
    Mine has sort of a wiggle in the sider part but nothing to do with the screen itself. This is my second torch where as the first has a smushy menu button. I don't even think I'm going to bother with it because its so slight and knowing my luck I would end up with a horrid one. Unless it causes some major issue, I don't wanna mess with it. I had way to many storms because of being anal about things.

10-14-10 07:02 AM
    I really wonder if this will be a mistake. My torch has developed a slight wiggle in the screen section so I called rogers and there is another one on the way. The torch that I have is perfect in every other way. Not one glitch anywhere and not one sign of any of the problems that I read about in these threads. I hope I dont regret this change.
    10-14-10 10:18 AM
    The guys getting new ones from Rogers, is your new one ok? I want to exchange mine as well, but think itll eventually have some play anyways. My phone was fine when I first got it and just got worse over time. Ive had my phone for two weeks now!
    10-14-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD