How many of you crackberriers like to text or write while not looking at your keyboard? Now try doing that with an iphone keyboard or your touch keyboard. Fact is the human touch works in strange ways such as knowing the feel of the amazing bb keyboard. A flat surface its not possible from my experiance, you just can't feel it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 05:29 PM
    I will have to admit I can type better without looking on the physical keyboard then I can on the touch, but i can still do it none the less.
    12-30-10 05:33 PM
    And that's why you have options...best of both worlds. Touch for web browsing and scrolling through icons. Physical keypad for texts, and long emails etc.

12-30-10 05:35 PM
    I use the physical keyboard more either way. It still freaks some of my friends out when I'm typing an email on my phone and they walk over - I look up and can just keep on typing!
    12-30-10 05:52 PM
    How many of you crackberriers like to text or write while not looking at your keyboard? Now try doing that with an iphone keyboard or your touch keyboard. Fact is the human touch works in strange ways such as knowing the feel of the amazing bb keyboard. A flat surface its not possible from my experiance, you just can't feel it.

Same opinion, for example iPhone is a very good platform, I love it, but I won't buy it because of the lack of physical qwerty (and of course the price is incredibly high).
    12-30-10 05:53 PM
    Having the physical keyboard is such a great thing to have. As for touch, SureType is just perfect in portrait mode imo.

12-30-10 06:32 PM
    Best of both worlds. I use the virtual for short messages and pull out the physical keyboard for emails and longer texts. This is one major draw for me with the 9800.
    12-30-10 07:04 PM
    I love being able to text without looking with minimal errors....
    12-30-10 07:40 PM
    I'm just saying its a great sales pitch to knock non qwerty physical phones. I agree I can type somewhat on a touch without looking

12-30-10 07:50 PM
    I love having both touch screen an qwerty features on my phone. That was the deal breaker for me when I bought my torch. I was seriously leaning towards the iphone but, realistically I cannot imagine owning any other phone besides a blackberry. :P
    12-30-10 08:04 PM
    Having the physical keyboard is such a great thing to have. As for touch, SureType is just perfect in portrait mode imo.

SureType FTW.

And yes, I can use it without looking.

And yes, I use it for long emails. RARELY use the physical KB. Then again, this is my first BB with a full physical qwerty KB (pearl, then Storm1, then Torch).
    12-30-10 08:59 PM
    I use both keyboards everyday, but tend to use the SureType keyboard for most short texts and bbms. I only slide out the keyboard for longer emails and passwords.

12-30-10 09:06 PM
    I can type mostly without error on the virtual keyboard of my iPod touch without looking but I can't on the torch.

12-30-10 09:25 PM
    I forget about the touch keyboard. But its not as hard as I thought itd be.

12-30-10 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD