I just picked up the torch and came to the torch section for help. I have noticed a lot of people with (little) issues complaining. Then it reminded me of my Sister who has been married 3 times. And, in a way, I see a major comparison between the two. You will (more than likely) never find a PERFECT spouse, just like you will never find a PERFECT phone. You will have issues with both, you will have wants and needs from both. The grass is not always greener on the other side. You just have to find the one that suites you best and be happy that you're alive to talk about it
    08-19-10 01:51 PM
    I just picked up the torch and came to the torch section for help. I have noticed a lot of people with (little) issues complaining. Then it reminded me of my Sister who has been married 3 times. And, in a way, I see a major comparison between the two. You will (more than likely) never find a PERFECT spouse, just like you will never find a PERFECT phone. You will have issues with both, you will have wants and needs from both. The grass is not always greener on the other side. You just have to find the one that suites you best and be happy that you're alive to talk about it
    I don't remember having 30 days after getting married to exchange my wife for another woman as often as I wanted.
    08-19-10 01:53 PM
    Interesting analogy. And I don't recall being able to upgrade either...
    08-19-10 01:58 PM
    I don't remember having 30 days after getting married to exchange my wife for another woman as often as I wanted.
    LoL...I always like to try it out first, before I commit to it. I'm looking forward to picking up a Torch soon.
    08-19-10 02:00 PM
    Annulment Laws > Procedures > Nullification of Marriage

Either spouse was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the marriage, as long as the annulment action is filed within 60 days after the marriage ceremony;
    That could give you 60 days
    08-19-10 02:01 PM
    Sure, you get "up"grades. She ups her weight, she ups her spending, she ups her nagging..... Plenty of upgrades to go around. And the upgrades are permanent and last a lifetime!
    Continuing this comparison, that's why I have a few extras on the side in case I need a short break.
    Interesting analogy. And I don't recall being able to upgrade either...
    It's a little harder to get out of the contract, but you can upgrade anytime you like.

OR, you could add some "Accessories" to your spouse, but that's a whole other topic.
    08-19-10 02:03 PM
    They both have (about) 3 rings.

Phone: Ring, Ring, Ring
    Spouse: Engagement Ring, Wedding Ring, Suffering.
    08-19-10 02:04 PM
    At least I can turn my phone off when it's getting on my nerves and start back over.

The phone comes with accessories and the spouse comes with baggage.
    08-19-10 02:08 PM
    I'm loving this thread.
    08-19-10 02:17 PM
    They both have (about) 3 rings.

Phone: Ring, Ring, Ring
    Spouse: Engagement Ring, Wedding Ring, Suffering.
    That sounded very Jeff Foxworthy.
    08-19-10 02:18 PM
    That sounded very Jeff Foxworthy.
    I AM from Texas, so it's very possible.
    08-19-10 02:19 PM
    it's definitely cheaper to divorce a wife than a wireless carrier....or is it

of course, they are a lot alike as most people separate before the end of 2 years...if only you could pop the back door of your wife and remove the battery that causes her device to lock up.

Gee, we could go on for years on this one
    08-19-10 02:19 PM
    HOLY CRAP!!!!! Whatever happened to you guys?!?!!?
    08-19-10 02:20 PM
    Interesting analogy - I wonder what would happen if I mentioned this to my ex.
    08-19-10 02:32 PM
    New and better ones pop up all over the place the moment you commit yourself to one.

Moral of the story? Don't use a cellphone!
    08-19-10 02:36 PM
    i wish i could do a battery pull on my ex .. and start fresh lol
    08-19-10 02:56 PM
    i wish i could do a battery pull on my ex .. and start fresh lol
    What, and give them more memory?
    08-19-10 03:07 PM
    Sure, you get "up"grades. She ups her weight, she ups her spending, she ups her nagging..... Plenty of upgrades to go around. And the upgrades are permanent and last a lifetime!
    As long as you can slip your sim in once in a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 03:34 PM
    What a concept tho... although I might have been the one traded in....
    08-19-10 03:49 PM
    You know, I was thinking of giving this whole marriage thing a shot, but after reading all these negative reviews, I think I'm going to change my mind. It's a shame. I was really looking forward to asking my long time sweetheart for her hand in marriage. Oh well. The cost of a marriage just can't compare to the cost of other, more superior activities.
    08-19-10 04:06 PM
    You know, I was thinking of giving this whole marriage thing a shot, but after reading all these negative reviews, I think I'm going to change my mind. It's a shame. I was really looking forward to asking my long time sweetheart for her hand in marriage. Oh well. The cost of a marriage just can't compare to the cost of other, more superior activities.

ASKING for marriage is one thing. It's just like looking at and doing research on a phone. Buying the phone (getting married) is a whole other deal.

With that said. Once you've found the right phone (spouse), just don't pick it do death. Enjoy the positives and don't focus on the negatives.
    08-19-10 04:16 PM

this is so funny!
    and don't get me started on the kids..
    there's no way you can return them or get a store credit..
    08-19-10 04:24 PM
    Can we add another analogy..
    most Men/women have two phones..
    one is personal and the other is company issued.. ( you have to be employed obviously)

same thing:
    we have our Real wife ... and an office wife =)
    the OP is a Genius! we can write a whole book about this!
    08-19-10 04:28 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD