Sometimes my torch vibrates but I have no notifications when I check my phone. This is very strange. Has anyone else had this experience?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 11:35 PM
    Is your Torch in your pocket or hidden away somewhere when it happens?

If you don't see it vibrate it might be in your head. This happens to me and many others with every single phone I've ever had. Apparently we become so conditioned that we expect it to go off and vibrate so after a while we tend to feel it even when it's not really doing it. I'm not sure if this applies if you're holding it in your hand...but anythings possible. A few years back when I had an 8310 I'd even hear the tone I had set for texts when nothing would happen. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the phone, but oddly enough I don't experience any of this anymore.

If you actually see it vibrating and are sure it's vibrating I'm not too sure what to say. You might want to check your notification settings or try a reboot, but aside from the obvious I can't say too much. Sorry for the little aimless rant =P I hope you figure out what's going on.
    09-13-10 04:14 AM
    If you do manage to see the phone vibrate, PM me...I've been curious which one of my kids is farting at the table. They never admit it....but if you are able to actually see vibrations, let me know and you're hired! =D

09-13-10 04:41 AM
    Wasn't there a thread on this a couple of years ago? I believe it was in the 83xx Curve section, but I'm not too sure.

09-13-10 05:02 AM
    The only time my Torch mysteriously vibrates is when I his the side button which I have assigned for Catupe It. When it first started happening I didn't even realize it and had like a dozen snap shots of my screens in my media files. Lol

09-13-10 10:12 AM
    I've had the phantom vibrates (in my head) before. If you want to know what it's like, try putting your phone in a different pocket to your usual one for a few days.

09-13-10 10:15 AM
    Lol..The phantom vibrates are awesome! I agree that they're in our heads..
    09-13-10 11:34 AM
    I love it when I think my phone is vibrating on my hip... then I realize I'm holding it in my hand.

Phantoms are the best.
    09-13-10 12:41 PM
    I love it when I think my phone is vibrating on my hip... then I realize I'm holding it in my hand.

Phantoms are the best.
    Haha.. Makes you feel like you're losing your marbles
    09-13-10 12:52 PM
    Lol..The phantom vibrates are awesome! I agree that they're in our heads..
    I have felt these as well. I find it happens when I'm hungry.
    09-13-10 12:54 PM
    I have felt these as well. I find it happens when I'm hungry.
    Lol.. But those vibrations are in your stomach!
    09-13-10 12:56 PM
    Lol.. But those vibrations are in your stomach!
    But I still reach for my phone (belt holster over front pocket)
    09-13-10 12:58 PM
    Haha! Makes perfect sense!
    09-13-10 01:03 PM
    Is your Torch in your pocket or hidden away somewhere when it happens?

If you don't see it vibrate it might be in your head. This happens to me and many others with every single phone I've ever had. Apparently we become so conditioned that we expect it to go off and vibrate so after a while we tend to feel it even when it's not really doing it. I'm not sure if this applies if you're holding it in your hand...but anythings possible. A few years back when I had an 8310 I'd even hear the tone I had set for texts when nothing would happen. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the phone, but oddly enough I don't experience any of this anymore.

If you actually see it vibrating and are sure it's vibrating I'm not too sure what to say. You might want to check your notification settings or try a reboot, but aside from the obvious I can't say too much. Sorry for the little aimless rant =P I hope you figure out what's going on.
    It has been in my pocket the three times and on the floor the most recent time it has happen.

09-13-10 01:30 PM
    If you do manage to see the phone vibrate, PM me...I've been curious which one of my kids is farting at the table. They never admit it....but if you are able to actually see vibrations, let me know and you're hired! =D

Lol no problem

09-13-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD