I use Tether with my Torch and Macbook Pro, works great! I am now trying to do the same thing with my Acer Tablet (Android). Anybody have any success with using PdaNet on the Torch/Android Tablet combination?
    06-19-11 10:09 AM
    I am trying to do the same thing as you with my Acer A500 and my Bold 9650. Apparently the second beta release is complete for PDaNet (PdaNet Tablet Beta 2) which does not use the proxy solution. It claims you can use the blackberry to tether on an unrooted device. The bad new is that the Andriod Marketplace takes you to a misdirected link for the Mac version.

Someone Please Please Please tell me where we can get a copy of PdaNet Tablet Beta 2 for Andriod.....

Thanks,

Roc
    07-17-11 10:29 AM
    Follow-Up

I received an email from June Fabrics, developer of PdaNet. They say that PdaNet Beta 2 was pulled due to an error in Android 3. They are waiting for release 4 before they make it available to the public again.

Any advice on how to tether Blackberry to an Android tablet would be appreciated.

Roc
    07-20-11 10:47 AM
    Sorry to bring up an old thread here, I've been a long time BB user and just picked up an Asus Transformer tablet and have been searching endlessly on how to tether my BB 9700 to my android tablet but have yet to find a reliable solution.

The closest thing I have found are 3G travel routers such as the Cradlepoint phs300 (see here) or the Zoom 4506 (product info here).

I recently picked up the zoom 4506 from Walmart clearanced out at $35 and have yet to get it to work with my T-mo BB 9700. I'll give it a few more days of tinkering and then I'm going to pick up a Cradlepoint unit from 3Gstore since there have already been reports of success with it.

If PDAnet were to fix this for honeycomb I would be all over it in an instant!
    12-20-11 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD