I would like to use the encryption feature on my phone. To do that, I need to set a device password but this automatically locks the phone after xx minutes.

I don't need my phone locking when I'm sitting at home with it. I would however like to selectively lock it such as when I'm out somewhere there is a risk of it being stolen.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks.
    04-17-12 07:25 PM
    Not really. (There's no easy way.) I have my password lock timeout set for 1 hour. With the amount of times I'm picking up my phone each day to look at it, I find that it doesn't lock too often.
    04-17-12 07:41 PM
    I don't need my phone locking when I'm sitting at home with it. I would however like to selectively lock it such as when I'm out somewhere there is a risk of it being stolen.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks.
    That used to drive me crazy in the evenings when I was at home. You can use ShortcutMe, a macro app, to launch a simple reoccurring event that happens 1 minute before the phone is scheduled to automatically lock. You just have to remember to lock the phone when you get ready to secure it. Looks like ShortcutMe is on sale in App World for $3.99, and the support threads and forum members in the BlackBerry Apps section are very helpful.
    04-17-12 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD