HELLLLLLLPPP..I accidentally got my gf's new blackberry 9800 to the password locked out screen and there are only 3 attempts left..halfway through trying out the blackberry the screen just popped out and the password she set is not working..what should i do???..would deeply appreciate any advice=(
    11-28-10 11:35 AM
    If you don't have the correct password, wait til she is there get her to unlock it and take your punishment for being noisy and trying to see what is on her phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 11:44 AM
    Thanks for replying but you got it wrong..She just got it and got me to download some apps for her..halfway through surfing the password screen popped up..gave it to her to input her password but it wouldnt accept it..pretty sure it's the correct one..Again,thanks for replying
    11-28-10 11:47 AM
    Well.. If it locks out, then there isn't much you can do. Have you check the language input?

Click alt and enter to see languages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 11:59 AM
    Did you make sure that the capital letters or numbers are not locked?

For instance if the password is 1234, make sure you are not typing wers.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    11-28-10 12:03 PM
    What will happen after the tenth attempt?..All data will be lost?..It's still the 7th attempt..Thanks for replying
    11-28-10 12:06 PM
    lak611..yup..we made sure of that already
    11-28-10 12:07 PM
    What will happen after the tenth attempt?..All data will be lost?..It's still the 7th attempt..Thanks for replying
    Yes, the phone will be like you just pulled it out of the box.
    11-28-10 12:11 PM
    Gonna take it to a blackberry retailer soon..Thanks guys for replying ..This forum is great!
    11-28-10 12:20 PM
    Changed your title, to something more helpppppppful, and moved the thread to the appropriate forum.

Once you enter the wrong password 10 times, all personal information will be wiped. I hope your gf has a backup, or hasn't spent much time getting the phone squared away, emails and what-not. If she has a backup, just let it wipe, and reload it again. Never heard of the password screen "just popping up" before.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    11-28-10 12:24 PM
    Gonna take it to a blackberry retailer soon..Thanks guys for replying ..This forum is great!
    The store will not be able to reset the password. She will need to put all her data back after the device is wiped.
    11-28-10 12:24 PM
    It is very odd that the p/word screen would just "pop up." Never saw that happen
    in the years I have used BlackBerry. Definitely pay attention to post #5. That is
    a very common mistake.
    11-28-10 12:33 PM
    Thanks..Yeah it's kinda weird coz i read this forum often and i never saw any user with a similar problem
    11-28-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD