Does anyone know where I can find password keeper on the Torch with OS 6.0.0.448? Prior to updating to OS 6.0.0.448 I wiped my device using BSSAK and then loaded the OS 6.0.0.448 and I cannot find password keeper anywhere. I have tried universal search and it just displays password to lock device and this is of course not what I am looking for.
    02-28-11 09:55 AM
    Connect to PC/Desktop Manager - > Applications and see if its there to select/add/sync
    02-28-11 10:29 AM
    Sounds like you did the same thing I did in one upgrade. I forgot to reinstall Password Keeper. pmccartney is correct. Check and reinstall. That should make all right again.
    02-28-11 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the two replies. If I went back to the original OS from my carrier would that give password keeper? Second, when there are official updates how do you ensure you keep password keeper as I always use BBSAK to wipe prior to installing the update?
    03-03-11 07:49 AM
    Always check the list of apps being installed or restored. The list is easy to peruse with BBSAK. That is my preferred way of upgrading. Leave off what you do not want (like language packs and other miscellaneous stuff). Check the ones you want. Any OS will offer lots of choices.

Going back to the original OS may not be the best choice. .448 is lots better than either .246 or .337. I can attest to that. .450 I have not tried as .448 works very well for me.

Once you do this a few times the entire process becomes much more comfortable. One wonder of BB ownership is the control we have over our devices in terms of both function and appearance. Have no fear. Restoration is always just around the corner. I have white screened my Torch twice already. Still runs like a fine clock today.
    03-03-11 08:45 AM
    Will going back give me pass word keeper? I had / have user name and pass words that I really need.
    03-03-11 11:16 AM
    Bumping this thread. I've never used password keeper, but now want to try it out. Noticed that somewhere along the line of Torch updates I lost it. Can i get it back without the hassle of reloading an OS?
    Last edited by Altarocks; 10-10-11 at 10:02 AM. Reason: enable notification
    10-10-11 10:01 AM
    james you will be able to reload the password keeper app thru desktop manager but unless you backed up your password list before the OS upgrade/BBSAK wipe it is most likely gone.Guys any native app that failed to load for one reason or another when you do an OS upgrade can always be reloaded whilst hooked up to DM and click aplications/wait for the list to be populated/select the missing apps you wanted and then load them as you wish back on the BB.

****James you can check on your PC in my documents/Blackberry folder maybe you backed up settings there before and your info could possibly be there if you are lucky.
    Last edited by SevendustG; 10-10-11 at 04:06 PM.
    10-10-11 04:00 PM
    Go try keepass. You'll like it much better - plus it will sync with your PC
    10-11-11 09:14 AM
    Guys any native app that failed to load for one reason or another when you do an OS upgrade can always be reloaded whilst hooked up to DM and click aplications/wait for the list to be populated/select the missing apps you wanted and then load them as you wish back on the BB.
    Are you saying these can be loaded from DM without installing or re-installing an OS?
    10-12-11 07:25 AM
    james you will be able to reload the password keeper app thru desktop manager but unless you backed up your password list before the OS upgrade/BBSAK wipe it is most likely gone.Guys any native app that failed to load for one reason or another when you do an OS upgrade can always be reloaded whilst hooked up to DM and click aplications/wait for the list to be populated/select the missing apps you wanted and then load them as you wish back on the BB.

****James you can check on your PC in my documents/Blackberry folder maybe you backed up settings there before and your info could possibly be there if you are lucky.
    I'm sure he figured out since that post was like in March of this year. maybe he does not have a blackberry anymore, hehe.
    10-12-11 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD