Hey I just got my second ottor box for my torch and its the same thing. My sleep and mute key are stuck pressed. I reinstalled the case like 100 times and its the same thing. I did everything according to the manual. Anybody else has encoundered this or something simillar and how did you guys fix it?!? Its starting to **** me off as torch in ottorbox feels great!! I like typing on it so much more then the stock, naked feel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 03:00 PM
    That's odd that you got 2 in a row, but I DID get one that had that problem. I exchanged it, and the next one was fine. Maybe they have a problem with whatever makes their molding for the rubber case part?
    11-10-10 03:10 PM
    Call up their support and have another shipped. If there is an issue they will resolve it.
    11-10-10 03:20 PM
    here's what i did .. after installing your case... try to pull on the silicone so it gives some room for the buttons.. after doing that i haven't had a problem at all!
    11-10-10 04:11 PM
    I had the same problems and still could not get the silicone to loosen up on the top buttons. I then had the problem with the buttons being activated if anything brushed against it. I have not used it since. I went with Seidio Innocase.
    11-10-10 06:08 PM
    11-10-10 07:01 PM
    My buttons aren't completely pressed down all the time, but I have noticed that the keyas are a lot more sensitive. The one thing that I don't like about the otter box is that the cover for the slider creates a gap near the call keys. Everytime I push the BB button when the slider is down the whole slider presses in clicks. When I take off the face plate, its solid as a rock. I'm contemplating taking it off now cause I don't want it to make the slider have the wobble.

Do you peeps experience the sme thing?

11-10-10 07:42 PM
    Did you buy it online or at a att store? I know this is gonna sound stupid! But try going to a different location and buying an Otterbox Case! I had the same problem you were having! I went to an att store, bought the otterbox case and it started giving problems, keys were stucked pressed in, my touchscreen stopped working and it would flicker off and on its own. I talked to an att rep and he couldn't figure out why it was doing that so they replaced it with a second one, again, same problem, so again they replaced it with a third one, and yes? same problem! So I said **** it, just decided to blow it off, got my money back instead! A week later, I went to a different att store, decided to try and purchase it again just to see what would happen, and for some reason, this one works great! No problems! I'm thinking, some stores must of gotten a bad batch?

11-11-10 12:28 AM
    My buttons aren't completely pressed down all the time, but I have noticed that the keyas are a lot more sensitive. The one thing that I don't like about the otter box is that the cover for the slider creates a gap near the call keys. Everytime I push the BB button when the slider is down the whole slider presses in clicks. When I take off the face plate, its solid as a rock. I'm contemplating taking it off now cause I don't want it to make the slider have the wobble.

Do you peeps experience the sme thing?

Yeap! That's the only thing I hate about the Otterbox! It creaks and wobbles everytime I try to push one of the 5 buttons below the touchscreen! I still use the case though, mainly for work! When I'm at home, I keep my Torch naked!

11-11-10 12:32 AM
    case fail... do a search and ull realize that they are garbage...

people modifying their 35$+ cases is ridiculous... and the fact that it damages the phone is even more so of a reason not to get it.

i almost laughed when i saw the blog post from crackberry pushing that they are sold out - unsure why they are pushing this crap case at all..
    11-11-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD