Forgive me if this has been posted already. I want to know (from someone with authority) whether the Blackberry 9800 will be able to run OS 7 that is probably going to be released around the time of the new BB's in August.
    Does anyone know ??
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 03:47 PM
    No phone runs OS7. Only the next gen will.
    06-19-11 03:53 PM
    Lol. Nope.
    06-19-11 04:27 PM
    Forgive me if this has been posted already. I want to know (from someone with authority) whether the Blackberry 9800 will be able to run OS 7 that is probably going to be released around the time of the new BB's in August.
    Does anyone know ??
    Thanks.

search button...

...give it a shot and see what you learn
    06-20-11 12:19 AM
    search button...

Go to the search button and see how many people have said what you did. don't be rude.

No it will not. RIM has confirmed that OS7 will NOT play nicely with the outdated marvel processors.
    06-20-11 12:39 AM
    N... O.. Spells No... but the thing is what will be left for us os6's.. will they keep on updating for us too...
    06-20-11 12:52 AM
    N... O.. Spells No... but the thing is what will be left for us os6's.. will they keep on updating for us too...
    Probably not for long; but then what really have we gotten in OS6 updates anyway? The only real substantial feature they've recently added to OS5 and 6 is support for Bridge functionality. Everything else has been barely-noticeably performance tweaks that I know I would not have missed since the earliest updates. My Torch has been running just fine for months now, and if it never sees another update, I certainly wouldn't fret.
    06-20-11 01:02 AM
    Probably not for long; but then what really have we gotten in OS6 updates anyway? The only real substantial feature they've recently added to OS5 and 6 is support for Bridge functionality. Everything else has been barely-noticeably performance tweaks that I know I would not have missed since the earliest updates. My Torch has been running just fine for months now, and if it never sees another update, I certainly wouldn't fret.
    your totally right pal.. just hope they dont leave us out to rot though
    06-20-11 01:04 AM
    maybe at least 6.1 upgrade for longer battery lives, official docs3go (RIM) with pdf reader, another add-on games from RIM additional to Word Mole (maybe who is the mole?) and bundled with Garmin sat-nav 30 days trial (with option to purchase if you like)

p/s: don't make your face like that ... relax ...
    06-20-11 02:40 AM
    Although RIM has stated that there wont be legacy support, they also said the same thing about OS6 and devices such as the bold. So I'm going to assume that we will get some variant of it since there has already been leaks of 7(6.1).
    06-20-11 07:06 AM
    search button...

Amen to that!!!!!

Go to the search button and see how many people have said what you did. don't be rude.

Swimmer is spot on! Too many people don't search and post the same stupid crap over and over and over.

0.21 seconds on Google and I found this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/wi...et-os7-621108/
    06-20-11 07:19 AM
    I agree, sure my tour got 5 from 4. I understand that RIM is moving to a totally new OS in QNX. My tour (first and only one) still works fine and does what I need. If I like the new OS 7 phones I will be happy with it not getting QNX if it does what I need and works well. By the time QNX has been out and had time to mature then I may get one of those, again if I like it and it works well.

I'd rather keep an OS on my phone that works well then get an update that all though may be nicer but it makes my phone not work well.
    06-20-11 07:59 AM
    I agree, sure my tour got 5 from 4. I understand that RIM is moving to a totally new OS in QNX. My tour (first and only one) still works fine and does what I need. If I like the new OS 7 phones I will be happy with it not getting QNX if it does what I need and works well. By the time QNX has been out and had time to mature then I may get one of those, again if I like it and it works well.

I'd rather keep an OS on my phone that works well then get an update that all though may be nicer but it makes my phone not work well.
    My sentiments exactly!

06-20-11 10:52 AM
    I think the best we can hope for is a clear roadmap from RIM once OS7 comes out. How long will OS6 be supported, how long can we expect patching? I'd expect 18-24 months at least, to cover folks who purchase a device on a 2 year agreement just as OS7 is being released (because there will surely be a firesale on those old devices).

Ultimately they will drop support for OS6 to concentrate on OS7 and QNX. It's just a question of when.
    06-20-11 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD