hey,

I updated to the .500 os a few weeks ago, battery life has been alright even with 3g turned off. I got a text saying rogers is rolling out a new firmware and I read up that its .448 and so I'm thinking I might as well try that and see if my battery life is any better. So What do I need to do to put that firmware on if I use a computer instead of OTA? I understand that I have to delete the firmware on my computer first?

Thanks
    03-15-11 07:15 PM
    I'm not sure how downgrading your os would give you better battery life? And you will not be able to OTA because your os version is newer than the Rogers version, so it will give you the 'no updates available' message when you try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 09:54 PM
    In my experience I've tried both .450 and .448 and I must say that .450 is better because it fixed all the bugs present in .448 (there have been reports from members here as well). So idk why Rogers went with .448 instead of .450. Oh well I'm happy with this update (.450) same battery life if not slightly better and its just perfect. Been running it since it was leaked with no complaints at all

03-16-11 12:44 AM
    I'm not sure how downgrading your os would give you better battery life? And you will not be able to OTA because your os version is newer than the Rogers version, so it will give you the 'no updates available' message when you try

It is not certain whether OS updates have any effect on battery life. It doesn't matter how high the version number is.

03-16-11 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD