I have been on the phone to Orange regarding the disabled Podcast app that is on the phones. By disabled, I mean the options to add, download podcasts etc from the app have been removed.
    Orange have said they don't know why this is the case and they were unaware of the problem. They are looking into it, but said that as I am the only person to bring this to their attention, it is a low priority.
    So, if you want the fully functional podcast app, please ring 150 and report it as a problem with the phone that others have had and maybe they will be able to sort this issue out. The guy on the phone said the more people complain about it, the more likely it is to get noticed and acted on.
    Thanks.
    11-10-10 10:06 AM
    this has been a known issue for a while

its disabled on all UK carriers...its not an orange issue its a RIM issue

god knows why theyve done it
    11-10-10 12:49 PM
    Yes I know it's RIM that have made the app useless but my thinking is that if the carriers kick up a fuss they might reinstate the missing functionality. If it works, they'd be less likely to try this trick again as the last thing they will want is to upset the carriers.
    11-10-10 02:40 PM
    I don't think the carriers are in a position to get upset about one of the worlds largest phone providers though

I agree this needs sorting but I think telling basic cust services isn't going achieve much at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 02:57 PM
    Just an update. Had a call from Orange today to say they are escalating the problem with the reduced Podcast functionality and are taking it up with RIM. I will let you know if I hear anything else but they said that functionality should not be reduced on the app and it seemed like they were unhappy about it. Just to re-iterate what I said before, if you are unhappy with the podcast app being disabled by RIM for UK phones, report it to the operator. The more people who complain, the more likely it is to get fixed.
    11-13-10 06:06 AM
    Had a call from Orange today to say they are escalating the problem with the reduced Podcast functionality and are taking it up with RIM. I will let you know if I hear anything else
    Any update ?
    11-29-10 06:34 AM
    I have also complained to Orange about this in the hope they will raise it with RIM, I doubt RIM will do anything they seem to have a strange contempt for their own customers.

What with this an the fact I�ve had 3 Torch 9800s all with loose screens I�m thinking maybe I�ll go else where next time I�m due an upgrade, maybe that way I won't pay a premium price for a phone that�s a generation out of date and doesn�t have all the features its advertised with. Its hard to beat a CrackBerry addiction tho, especially as I�ve been hooked for nearly 5 years!

Will let you know how far a get.
    12-01-10 03:27 PM
    Didnt get very far, Orange didnt want to know. They refered me to BlackBerry Support (it's not really support, just a forum) who also don't care.

This was the executive office i was dealing with so im guessing thats pretty much the top level of complaints, so i give up.

I should be able to get out of my contract due a ton of other problems i'm having with Orange, quaestion is now: Windows phone 7 or Andriod?
    12-07-10 06:48 AM
    whats' the impact of this please?
    12-07-10 10:08 AM
    Inability to use the podcasts app without first downloading the podcast via the PC.

And a larger impact that UK BB users are essentially left hanging when it comes to support for the BB.
    12-07-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD