I know there are some forums for the storms, but none yet for the torch. What are people feelign is the most optimal touch screen settings. I have been messing with mine.

I am also haveing a slight problem- when the phone is vertical, the bottom row becomes very unsensitive. Like when you are looking at the contacts and there is a row of icons across the bottom of the screen ie- keyboard A/cd and then X....these become almost impossible to launch. Samethign within other apps such as bbm or even the camera where it puts the A. it's almost as if that part of the screen is not working correctly.
    08-15-10 07:44 PM
    I know there are some forums for the storms, but none yet for the torch. What are people feelign is the most optimal touch screen settings. I have been messing with mine.

I am also haveing a slight problem- when the phone is vertical, the bottom row becomes very unsensitive. Like when you are looking at the contacts and there is a row of icons across the bottom of the screen ie- keyboard A/cd and then X....these become almost impossible to launch. Samethign within other apps such as bbm or even the camera where it puts the A. it's almost as if that part of the screen is not working correctly.
    +1. Very true. need to use trackpad...
    08-15-10 08:27 PM
    Noticed this too. I tried getting into options by pulling down the network connections and selecting options at the bottom. That was a challenge.
    08-15-10 09:49 PM
    Noticed this too. I tried getting into options by pulling down the network connections and selecting options at the bottom. That was a challenge.
    I noticed that as well. You actually need to press the upper part of "options". i.e. press the space between "Service" and 'Options" to have the "options" selected.

It's either bug or common thing about capacitive touchscreen. as your finger might register at lower position than your eyes have perceived...
    08-16-10 02:45 AM
    Does anyone know how to automatically adjust the screen when receiving an e-mail that is not an e-mail per se. What I mean is that when receiving a working e-mail the e-mail format fits the screen fine....but when receiving an e-mail say like from Sears, Orbitz, Hotels or any other kind of advertising, the screen does not adjust to display the full message, instead it comes in as full size, then you have to zoom out several times to make it fit the screen. I played with all the settings but can't find one that will automatically make the message fit the screen. I have seen on iPones that their screen will fit/adjust automatically with all its images. any suggestions??
    Last edited by Crackberry Fanatic; 08-18-10 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention that im talking about the new Blackberry Torche!!
    08-18-10 04:37 PM
    I've got my tap interval at 500, my Hover period at 300. Swipe sensitivity at 6 (high). Seems to be the best for me so far. Been playing with mine, too.
    08-18-10 04:53 PM
    Does anyone know how to automatically adjust the screen when receiving an e-mail that is not an e-mail per se. What I mean is that when receiving a working e-mail the e-mail format fits the screen fine....but when receiving an e-mail say like from Sears, Orbitz, Hotels or any other kind of advertising, the screen does not adjust to display the full message, instead it comes in as full size, then you have to zoom out several times to make it fit the screen. I played with all the settings but can't find one that will automatically make the message fit the screen. I have seen on iPones that their screen will fit/adjust automatically with all its images. any suggestions??
    I think this is by design. It's a "feature" to make it easier to read text-only (business) emails. I got the full email by default on my Pre, and having to zoom out each time on the BB is annoying. So is having to click "get images" EVERY time even though the phone is set to automatically retrieve images.
    08-18-10 09:23 PM
    Yes its annoying the process to make the message fit the screen by manually zooming out to make it fit. I also have it set to get imagines automatically, but it not always work that way!! Maybe a software update will come out soon to correct this issues.
    08-30-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD