Maybe I m missing something but on the 8900 I could while on web pages if they had a phone number I could just click it and it would call ...can't do that on my torch .......I there a way to make it do that ? Thanks
    11-13-10 08:09 AM
    This has been discussed in other threads and I believe the consensus was that this does not work on the 9800.
    11-13-10 08:10 AM
    It will work depending on how the number is written on the webpage. I can't quite remember what worked and what didn't..but i do remember does matter.

EDIT: If the number has brackets in it i'm pretty sure it won't work..but if it's just all numbers with either a (-) or (+) it should work. Example: (555) 555-5555 will not work, whereas 555-555-5555 will work.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-13-10 at 08:19 AM.
    11-13-10 08:12 AM
    K I wasnt sure if it had beed or now really wasnt sure how to even serch it ..but thanks for the info
    11-13-10 08:13 AM
    I know I do miss that too, you can hold down on the screen and copy and paste.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 08:20 AM
    It will work depending on how the number is written on the webpage. I can't quite remember what worked and what didn't..but i do remember does matter.

EDIT: If the number has brackets in it i'm pretty sure it won't work..but if it's just all numbers with either a (-) or (+) it should work. Example: (555) 555-5555 will not work, whereas 555-555-5555 will work.
    None of the numbers in your post (in any format) are highlighting in my browser? Are they on yours?

11-13-10 12:07 PM
    None of the numbers in your post (in any format) are highlighting in my browser? Are they on yours?

Yea..for example I google'd Super 8 (Hotel Franchise)..at the bottom of the page there is a Reservations #: 1-800-800-8000..which i'm able to click on and call.
    11-13-10 12:13 PM
    This one?

I can't... Bizzare.

11-14-10 12:05 AM
    I just tried the same page (Super 8) and it does not work for me either! (Using OS 337)
    11-14-10 12:12 AM
    It does highlight on mine C:

Last edited by gbsn; 11-14-10 at 04:58 AM.
    11-14-10 04:55 AM

Just tried the same page too. No go for me, no highlight or underlined or clickable. This is odd cause I went to another web page and every number was clickable. Weird very weird.

Ok, I tried that page last night and I could click every number on that page, They were highlighted. Used this page as a test for the same type of thread. This morning a no go. So who can explain this one?
    11-14-10 05:45 AM
    This one?

I can't... Bizzare.

It does highlight on mine C:

Weird...you'll notice in the first image the phone number does NOT have a line under it..whereas in the "clickable" image...it DOES have a line. I just went to the site again..and in my browser the phone number has a line under it..and it's clickable. /shrugs
    11-14-10 08:09 AM
    This one?

I can't... Bizzare.

update to this post... On .450 now and I am able to click the number on this web page...

02-12-11 02:09 AM
    I have the same issue. To all the people who are able to click on the numbers, what is you encoding in the options menu? That's the only thing that seems to makes sense.

02-12-11 02:13 AM
    utf-8 with auto detect on
    02-12-11 02:41 AM
    Works here, ISO-8859-1 + auto detect
    02-12-11 03:00 AM
    Works here, ISO-8859-1 + auto detect
    Well I tried the super 8 website and the number there works but nowhere else on any webpage. I think the only reason that one is clickable is because its a link and not just a written number. I've tried several encodings to see if I can click on written numbers and none seemed to work. Man this is frustrating

02-12-11 03:07 AM
    You can't "click" on non-element. The browser would have to automatically parse any numbers in a particular format as a phone number, which it's not doing.
    02-12-11 03:23 AM
    I have .450 installed and can click the number. (ISO-8859-1 encoding)
    02-12-11 04:05 AM
    Super8 works for me. Encoding options are ISO-8859-1, autodetect On. BUT- I think the not-clickable problem has nothing to do with encoding, links, or anything else. My suspicion is that the ability to "smartly" parse out phone numbers was a feature of the OS5 browser, and it was omitted from the WebKit browser. In the old browser, sometimes things that were not phone numbers, but looked like phone numbers, were often underlined and clickable. Further, I also suspect that the ones that DO work with the WebKit browser because they are coded as a link. When this happens, the WebKit browser parses to determine if it is a web link or a phone link.
    02-12-11 08:43 AM
    Super8 works for me. Encoding options are ISO-8859-1, autodetect On. BUT- I think the not-clickable problem has nothing to do with encoding, links, or anything else. My suspicion is that the ability to "smartly" parse out phone numbers was a feature of the OS5 browser, and it was omitted from the WebKit browser. In the old browser, sometimes things that were not phone numbers, but looked like phone numbers, were often underlined and clickable. Further, I also suspect that the ones that DO work with the WebKit browser because they are coded as a link. When this happens, the WebKit browser parses to determine if it is a web link or a phone link.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

02-12-11 05:18 PM
    BTW, I checked the Super8 page code, and the 800 phone number is indeed tagged as a link.

I wish they would bring back the smarter version, even if it does offer false clickable positives. We humans are pretty good at figuring out if the clickable link is a phone number or not.
    02-13-11 08:36 AM
    BTW, I checked the Super8 page code, and the 800 phone number is indeed tagged as a link.

I wish they would bring back the smarter version, even if it does offer false clickable positives. We humans are pretty good at figuring out if the clickable link is a phone number or not.
    To be honest, I had an email all set up and ready to send to Blackberry or RIM telling them about they're short-comings on the Torch, but hey, no email address to send it to, I couldn't find anything on their site

02-13-11 02:56 PM
    Just wondering as I don't have a torch, but is everyone using the touch screen? Or are some using the track pad? Just a thought but the native use of BB browsers is with the track ball/pad and as the capacitive touch screen is fairly new maybe there are some things you can access with the track pad and not the touch screen. Any Torch users willing to experiment a bit?

02-13-11 03:13 PM
    Just wondering as I don't have a torch, but is everyone using the touch screen? Or are some using the track pad? Just a thought but the native use of BB browsers is with the track ball/pad and as the capacitive touch screen is fairly new maybe there are some things you can access with the track pad and not the touch screen. Any Torch users willing to experiment a bit?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberr
    y.com
    Doesn't work with either

02-14-11 02:36 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD