I tried putting my password in to unlock the phone and it said it was incorrect and after another attempt, it said "information will be erased" (if its incorrect again). I put in my password and apparently its "incorrect" and so the device initiated a wipe!!!! Did this happen to anyone?!?! Dammit now I'm going to have to load everything again
    08-16-10 07:19 PM
    Did u have Androidal Emulation enabled?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 07:40 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ...?
    08-16-10 08:01 PM
    I tried putting my password in to unlock the phone and it said it was incorrect and after another attempt, it said "information will be erased" (if its incorrect again). I put in my password and apparently its "incorrect" and so the device initiated a wipe!!!! Did this happen to anyone?!?! Dammit now I'm going to have to load everything again
    Yeah that tends to happen when you keep typing your password incorrectly. Hopefully you backed up everything. You can go into the settings and change the setting so that it won't do that if you get the password wrong.
    08-16-10 08:02 PM
    ...the heck is...?

I think the Torch wiping itself is a security feature built into all Blackberrys. Kind of an extra security precaution to make sure your super-sensitive government files (or photos of your ex) don't fall into the wrong hands. I have mine set to 7 tries and then wipe. Of course if you have that feature turned on, it's a great idea to backup your stuff regularly.

Androidal Emulation...is there an ointment available for that?
    08-16-10 08:14 PM
    Yeah that tends to happen when you keep typing your password incorrectly. Hopefully you backed up everything. You can go into the settings and change the setting so that it won't do that if you get the password wrong.
    ...the heck is...?

I think the Torch wiping itself is a security feature built into all Blackberrys. Kind of an extra security precaution to make sure your super-sensitive government files (or photos of your ex) don't fall into the wrong hands. I have mine set to 7 tries and then wipe. Of course if you have that feature turned on, it's a great idea to backup your stuff regularly.

Androidal Emulation...is there an ointment available for that?
    Thanks. How can I change the settings so it won't wipe the device? I can't seem to find that option.
    08-16-10 09:48 PM
    Thanks. How can I change the settings so it won't wipe the device? I can't seem to find that option.
    I'm not familiar with the method in OS6, but it should be similar as with all BBs:
    Options -> Password -> Change the Number of Password Attempts: option to something you feel comfortable with (between 3 and 10), or change the Password: option to Disabled altogether.

If the methodology is different in OS6 (or only in the Torch, as it were) then someone can correct this as needed.

HTH
    08-17-10 03:03 PM
    I'm not familiar with the method in OS6, but it should be similar as with all BBs:
    Options -> Password -> Change the Number of Password Attempts: option to something you feel comfortable with (between 3 and 10), or change the Password: option to Disabled altogether.

If the methodology is different in OS6 (or only in the Torch, as it were) then someone can correct this as needed.

HTH
    In OS 6 it's: Options-->Security-->Password-->Number of password attempts: with a dropdown box.
    08-17-10 03:07 PM
    LOL..Dork....
    08-17-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD