I've just got a new blackberry 9800 slide from work. My first one ever so apologies if I seem a little naive!! Anyway the trouble is my e-mail is sending and receiving just fine, but I have e-mails sorted in subfolders going back 12 months that aren't showing up.

It is a OWA e-mail account.

I initially set up the account using BIS - this worked, but you couldn't see any of the subfolders, however, all e-mails in the inbox appeared.

I'd never heard of BES but my company got in touch and gave me a password to set that up. I did, and the subfolders appeared - but they are empty and mail in the inbox only went back a few days. I subsequently deleted the BIS account.

Been doing a bit of looking around and I have tried the "folder redirection" solution and also typing in "CNFG" to re-sync the activation, but nothing. Also "remote search" doesn't seem to exist.

I'm not really bothered about it working through BIS or BES - don't really know the difference! As long as it works.

Software version is 6.0 if this is important.

Thank you!
    12-15-13 02:56 PM
    This is actually on the BES admins end. Plus, you will only be able to get 30 days worth of email even if the setting is changed.

For remote search, from within your mailbox click on the menu buttion; select search; scroll over to the magnifying glass and select it and scroll down to "advanced search." From here, you can enter such things as where to search (device or remotely), the name, the subject and even the specific mailbox where you may have filed the message.
    12-15-13 07:19 PM
    Thank you - I'll start kicking up a fuss with work

I don't seem to have the remote search option. Is there anyway someone could have turned this off or blocked access to it? I've seen screenshots on the net and it is just missing :S
    12-17-13 12:39 AM
    Yeah, talk to IT. They can check to see if remote search is disabled.

Posted with love, from QB-NN.com, home of the QuickBerry Podcast.
    12-17-13 12:11 PM