My blackberry torch 9800 has quit giving me the option with 'edit with documents to go'. I can only open the excel attachment. Also I can't get an option that will let me download the attachment either. I called ATT's advanced support (which I pay for) and after a half hour of smoke and mirrors it still would not work. So I was told the only thing that could be done was a hard reset while it's hooked up to a computer. The only problem is that I don't have a computer. I do everything I need to do directly on my blackberry . Is there some other way this dinosauer can get his phone to work properly again? I sure hope so or I'm dead in the water. Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gregory1234; 10-13-11 at 08:30 PM.
    10-13-11 08:28 PM
    Are you saying that the documents to go itself is not on your phone or are you saying the edit feature withing the documents to go is gone?

10-13-11 09:35 PM
    Are you saying that the documents to go itself is not on your phone or are you saying the edit feature with in the documents to go is gone?

10-13-11 09:36 PM
    Also try this.. Go to options and go to available upgrades. See if there is a software update and download that over the air. That should fix any bugs and restore your problem just a suggestion best of luck!

10-13-11 09:49 PM
    Are you saying that the documents to go itself is not on your phone or are you saying the edit feature withing the documents to go is gone?

10-14-11 04:37 AM
    Documents to go is installed on my phone. I even deleted it and reinstalled it but I still did not get the option to edit an attachment with documents to go.

10-14-11 04:39 AM
    Silly question but after you deleted the app, did you hard reboot the phone (battery removal) ?

This might help a bit as any files still in use will be removed.

Then try a reinstall.
    10-14-11 04:43 AM
    I checked for updates and there were none.

10-14-11 04:51 AM
    +1 on the battery removal. Have you done this? That is always the first action when encountering a bug. Oh, this is from one old dinosaur to another.
    10-14-11 06:21 AM
    Silly question but after you deleted the app, did you hard reboot the phone (battery removal) ?

This might help a bit as any files still in use will be removed.

Then try a reinstall.

10-14-11 07:22 PM
    I have pulled the battery several times just hoping one of the times would do the trick

10-14-11 07:23 PM
    There may not be upgrades from your carrier, but there are upgrades out there that may fix this issue. What OS 6 version are you on? Go to options>Device>scroll down to About Device Versions.

This will pop up a list that tells you the info. Look at the third line. It will say something like:
    6.0 Bundle 2921 (v.6.0.0.666) What is in the parenthesis will tell you the version you are running.

All upgrades are official BlackBerry upgrades, but your carrier may not have approved them yet. They are still okay to use on your phone, but you have to follow a specific procedure which is highlighted on this forum at BlackBerry Help, look for the topic of upgrading OS with AppLoader. It will tell you how to do it.

You get the leaked official version from the Home screen of Crackberry. Scroll down to leaked OS and select the one you want to download for your phone from the threads provided.
    10-15-11 09:21 AM
    There may not be upgrades from your carrier, but there are upgrades out there that may fix this issue. What OS 6 version are you on? Go to options>Device>scroll down to About Device Versions.

This will pop up a list that tells you the info. Look at the third line. It will say something like:
    6.0 Bundle 2921 (v.6.0.0.666) What is in the parenthesis will tell you the version you are running.

All upgrades are official BlackBerry upgrades, but your carrier may not have approved them yet. They are still okay to use on your phone, but you have to follow a specific procedure which is highlighted on this forum at BlackBerry Help, look for the topic of upgrading OS with AppLoader. It will tell you how to do it.

You get the leaked official version from the Home screen of Crackberry. Scroll down to leaked OS and select the one you want to download for your phone from the threads provided.

10-15-11 11:58 AM
    I tried what you said. Btw I currently have version 6.0.0.600. After doing what you said, I clicked on the download icon and got the message 'item can not be displayed. Do you want to save this item'. That's when I chickened out. Should I save it and if I do save it, what's next. Thank you and everyone else on here for your willingness to help and patience.

10-15-11 12:03 PM
    I tried what you said. Btw I currently have version 6.0.0.600. After doing what you said, I clicked on the download icon and got the message 'item can not be displayed. Do you want to save this item'. That's when I chickened out. Should I save it and if I do save it, what's next. Thank you and everyone else on here for your willingness to help and patience.

10-21-11 05:03 PM
    Just wanted everyone to know (incase you have the same problem) I had ATT do a reset on my phone and it works perfectly now.

10-21-11 05:05 PM
    Oh, I was gonna tell u 2 options bout that in case any of u don't wanna go to useless customer support, u can either make a data deletion on ur blackberry, u will lose everything in it tho.... Or u can get a pc even if it is from a friend and make a backup of all the data first, the other option requires a pc.... Y can use the loader to load the OS and in the loader before it starts, u can get the apps u want to keep, install again or delete, hope that helps to all
    10-21-11 06:39 PM
    Hello My Dear
    I guess you will not surprise to receive my mail? i saw your profile today and it sound well.I will like us to exchange good relationship.I am mercy by name,No kid and never married.I will like to hear from your opinion, you can contact me via email
    ([email protected]) so that i can send you my pictures and more introduction about myself.Have a good day and waiting to hear from you soonest.
    Your new friend
    mercy
    ([email protected])
    01-07-13 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD