Upgrade Complete!!

Well, firstly....EVERYTHING works!. I did my upgrade through DM, and it went flawlessly. I had to switch my internet off before the upgrade though.

All my apps are restored and fully functional. From the little testing I have done this is well worth an upgrade from ole 448. The browser is much more stable on EDGE that 448 was.

Too early to tell about battery life as the OS is still settling in.

Overall in I am well pleased. Definitely recommended.
    10-02-11 11:52 AM
    DM doesn't even show the upgrade for me so I can't finish the installation at all either way. This build looks reallllllllllly great and it truly sucks I can't experience it like most of yall are. Right now I am using .600 and it's getting soo slow it's ridiculous.
    10-02-11 02:50 PM
    Had no problems with 600 apart from unable to create new email accounts - went through the vendor with some trouble shooting, no joy, downgraded back to .576 no joy - bunch of things happened backend with the vendor - no joy.

They sent me a shiny new 9800 - put .600 on it, no issues all ok.

Just putting .666 on it now - hopefully still no issues.

See there's some updates to some programs (you see this in the add/remove list you get) - strange how it's downgrading bbm - shouldnt be a problem to re-upgrade.
    10-04-11 03:44 AM
    blydi ell - jsut patched to .666 and .668 is out!!!!!

Doh!
    10-04-11 04:06 AM
    See there's some updates to some programs (you see this in the add/remove list you get) - strange how it's downgrading bbm - shouldnt be a problem to re-upgrade.
    If you shrink your OS and you have a higher version of BBM (like from Beta Zone), just shrink BBM from the OS before loading.

Loader assumes whatever is in the Java folder is what you want. If there's no BBM in the Java folder (because you shrunk it away), your higher version will transfer over just fine.
    10-04-11 10:28 AM
    DM doesn't even show the upgrade for me so I can't finish the installation at all either way.
    Don't bother trying to use DM for loading a new OS.
    Use DM for making a precautionary Backup, then close DM.

In the same AppLoader folder where you delete Vendor, double-click the file called Loader to start loading the OS to your BB.

Follow this guide I left on page 2 in Post #22:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post6703790

PS If you haven't loaded this anyway, you may want to consider just going straight to .668 which was just released yesterday by Vodafone DE.
    It's the current Sticky thread here in the 9800 Forum.
    Last edited by elite1; 10-04-11 at 10:34 AM.
    10-04-11 10:31 AM
    666 worked pretty good coming from a 650 hybrid. Noticed a bug with the portrait reduced keyboard. It seems to go into multi-tap mode rather than suretype with the reduced keyboard. pretty annoying as i can't really type with reduce keyboard. might jump to 668 to see if that got fixed.
    10-04-11 11:51 AM
    You think that people would do a torrent of the OS, but no... Anyway here is the torrent ;p

https://remote.utorrent.com/send?bti...cid=7905118616
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 10-05-11 at 07:06 AM.
    10-05-11 06:58 AM
    Well I was able to install the new update .668, so I guess .666 really was the Devil's work...for me.
    10-05-11 11:06 AM
    666 worked pretty good coming from a 650 hybrid. Noticed a bug with the portrait reduced keyboard. It seems to go into multi-tap mode rather than suretype with the reduced keyboard. pretty annoying as i can't really type with reduce keyboard. might jump to 668 to see if that got fixed.
    By multi-tap mode does that mean you're getting the full QWERTY keyboard in portrait instead of the SureType one you want?
    Sorry if I'm not understanding you� I don't use SureType so maybe that's why.
    10-05-11 12:29 PM
    By multi-tap mode does that mean you're getting the full QWERTY keyboard in portrait instead of the SureType one you want?
    Sorry if I'm not understanding you� I don't use SureType so maybe that's why.
    no, i meant in potrait, reduced keyboard, setting at Predictive (which if i recall is SureType) the keyboard layout is reduced as normal, but would function as multi-tap, meaning i have to tap to get the letters that i want, instead of how SureType normally works. It might function if I go back in and change some setting and change back to 'save'. but once it goes into stanby, it's back to lame multi-tab. So i'm forced to use full keyboard bc i can't stand multi-tab.

I actually switched back to Maxhybrid 650 hybrid OS and for some reason it's still doing that. Never happened before 666 and can't seem to get rid of it now..
    10-05-11 09:00 PM
    Ooooh, that really sucks.

Yes the Pearl-type keyboard is SureType. I didn't even know multi-tap with SureType was an option with the Torch's virtual keyboard.

I'll take a look through my settings later and see if I can find anything.
    10-05-11 10:45 PM
    GRRRRR....having same issue and have tried it all at this point....looks like I am going to have to downgrade back again.....go figure after I finally try an update

no, i meant in potrait, reduced keyboard, setting at Predictive (which if i recall is SureType) the keyboard layout is reduced as normal, but would function as multi-tap, meaning i have to tap to get the letters that i want, instead of how SureType normally works. It might function if I go back in and change some setting and change back to 'save'. but once it goes into stanby, it's back to lame multi-tab. So i'm forced to use full keyboard bc i can't stand multi-tab.

I actually switched back to Maxhybrid 650 hybrid OS and for some reason it's still doing that. Never happened before 666 and can't seem to get rid of it now..
    10-09-11 05:55 PM
    Well after installing this update, my battery life has greatly increased. Lets see how long it lasts though
    10-09-11 07:59 PM
    can work in zambia for mtn ?
    10-12-11 05:04 AM
140 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD