Anyone else find the only some of the menu options showing up when click on the bb button?
    09-25-11 12:08 PM
    Well, I am having issues

I am following the instructions very carefully that elite1 has posted, but the OS is not being installed on my phone.

The Loader application takes no time at all, and not sure it even did anything. DM is not even noticing the OS at all. Yes, I did delete the vendor file.
    09-25-11 02:13 PM
    I think I just made things worse. In Loader I selected "back-up and restore application data" and this time the process took longer. Still did not update the OS, but now some of my bbm contacts are messed up, and they have the wrong PIN numbers in my address book, so they are not linking anymore.

I am restoring from my the backup I made earlier today with DM.
    09-25-11 02:14 PM
    09-25-11 02:16 PM
    Well, I am having issues

I am following the instructions very carefully that elite1 has posted, but the OS is not being installed on my phone.

The Loader application takes no time at all, and not sure it even did anything. DM is not even noticing the OS at all. Yes, I did delete the vendor file.
    Delete the upgrade OS software and do not reboot. After you have finished deleting, delete the whole apploader folder. Restart your computer. Reload the upgrade software. Go into the apploader directory. Delete Vendor.xml and then launch loader.
    theHip likes this.
    09-25-11 02:37 PM
    Delete the upgrade OS software and do not reboot. After you have finished deleting, delete the whole apploader folder. Restart your computer. Reload the upgrade software. Go into the apploader directory. Delete Vendor.xml and then launch loader.
    Excellent suggestion. I am not sure entirely what RIM has got on these new installers since OS7 came out that screws with your registry. But I have installed enough of them on PC to hybrid with to know that my registry is now screwed, and no time to reload OS on PC.
    09-25-11 03:18 PM
    browser is better
    battery life is better
    boot time is very fast
    the speed of the phone is much better
    09-25-11 03:23 PM
    I have just successfully installed version 6.0.0.666 to my BB Torch 9800, after several tries with BBSAK i completely wiped the old OS (6.0.0.600) and installed the new OS (6.0.0.666).
    In the beginning for some strange reason BBSAK just wasn't installing the new one via App Loader, then I thought to myself close BBSAK, start task manager and end any process with BBSAK.
    Anyways, I rebooted my computer for whatever reason, and started BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and it had to update a few files, got prompted to update and walaa their it was my "local" installation file, and I just followed the prompts naturally and it installed without any problems.
    Yes, I did delete the Vendor XML file in the App Loader folder beforehand.
    So far version 6.0.0.666 is running much faster then .600 for sure.
    Thank you CrackBerry!!
    TIPS:
    Also, some people may want to check out BB Boss OS Tool v2.2 tool to shrink the OS what a handy tool to use on the computer PRIOR to installing the OS on the phone.

Another tool I have, but havent used yet is Shrink-A-OS, BBHTool (Public Version).
    Hope my post might help someone out there.
    I have attached 2 screenshots sorry i dont have photobucket....yet
    Last edited by grimreaper420; 09-25-11 at 07:41 PM.
    09-25-11 03:49 PM
    I think I just made things worse. In Loader I selected "back-up and restore application data" and this time the process took longer. Still did not update the OS, but now some of my bbm contacts are messed up, and they have the wrong PIN numbers in my address book, so they are not linking anymore.

I am restoring from my the backup I made earlier today with DM.
    Nothing wrong with having selected the Backup and Restore Application Data.

Did following jkusuda's suggestion (below) help at all?
    Just wondering if you got it loaded in the end.

09-25-11 03:59 PM
    Check the first post of this thread. The file has been uploaded to Fileserve. Downloading at 350 KB/sec right now...
    Yes, thank you. Was just about to try the same as well. Nice to know it's DLing at a reasonable speed.

I'd always DL direct from RIM if possible, but I'm not going to keep wasting my time trying.

I did try one last time and now the RIM Downloads site actually says it is closed for maintenance. That sucks, but at least nice to know 100% that the problem was on their end.

To the uploads!
    09-25-11 04:04 PM
    Nothing wrong with having selected the Backup and Restore Application Data.

Did following jkusuda's suggestion (below) help at all?
    Just wondering if you got it loaded in the end.
    I tried it, and it did work. So I have the OS loaded, thank you.

First thing I noticed now is that when I get a message from my BBM Groups, I get the notification, but when I click on the new msg, it takes me to a "message preivew" instead of the actual chat... Anyone else having this issue?
    09-25-11 04:10 PM
    I tried it, and it did work. So I have the OS loaded, thank you.

First thing I noticed now is that when I get a message from my BBM Groups, I get the notification, but when I click on the new msg, it takes me to a "message preivew" instead of the actual chat... Anyone else having this issue?
    Yes, it's unrelated to the OS.

Are you using the newest BBM beta, 6.0.1.25 ?
    theHip likes this.
    09-25-11 05:04 PM
    Yes, it's unrelated to the OS.

Are you using the newest BBM beta, 6.0.1.25 ?
    I went to App World and BBM had an update. Updated, and is now working fine.

I am part of the beta testing program I'm probably going to be trying the beta.

Thanks for all the help!
    09-25-11 08:09 PM
    I will concur with the others on some of the noticable improvements like general snappiness and increased battery life after a couple days of usage.

The one thing I ran into, as I did with my .600 upgrade, was foursquare stopped finding my location. In both cases, I had to do a reinstall of the os from dm. In both cases, a simple reinstall (let dm do the backup/restore) and foursquare was working properly again and able to fix on my location.
    09-25-11 11:50 PM
    Well... 2 days up and i can say that battery life has improved... i used Max Hybrid and i can tell that touch is snappier in the hybrid than this official release... but my battery lasts at least 2 times more...

Regards
    09-26-11 12:13 AM
    My breakdown:
    I've been using .666 for a couple days now. I was to lazy to wipe everything and reinstall all of my apps again so I installed .666, deleted the vendor file, and used the leaked DM v.7 to install to my 'Berry.

I am happy to report that my Torch is very snappy, and the browser and connectivity seems to be improved.

Battery life is 10/10, even while the OS was settling in, I could still manage a whole day!
    With the OS settled in, I can even run slacker radio and DriveSafe.ly in the car for 20 minutes and only lose 7%

Boot time has sped up even from the already relatively quick .600, the loading bar speeds up until a centimeter from the finish then takes a little bit to finish loading.

I do need to point out that I've had some small bugs like failure to send attachments, and touch-copy-pasting, but besides that the OS update is great!

@PolloGJ: alright, I'll bite. Could you please link to this magical Max Hybrid .666 please?

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    Last edited by tyler_zyco; 09-26-11 at 01:03 AM.
    09-26-11 12:47 AM
    updated OS to .666, and I was able to get it on my phone in first attempt.
    Thanks to crackberry users who have posted step by step instructions to install the OS.
    Earlier I was on .600.
    I dont see much of a difference between these two.. but I noticed single tap dialing is back & battery life improved.

No issues so far.
    09-26-11 04:41 AM
    Tried this. Twice. AppLoader still not recognizing that .666 is valid for my device. In fact, since I installed .666 on my machine, Desktop Manager has had troubles connecting to my 9800. Seriously irritating me.

Trying the install with Desktop Manager, once it finishes updating, to see if that works. Failing that, going to have to install .600 so my phone works again.
    09-26-11 11:51 AM
    Fantastic release for me.

Battery life is better. Boot up time is shorter.
    Reviewing pictures after taking them is about 2-3 seconds now.
    A little snappier all around.

Not perfect, but I think it's a lot better than .600.
    09-26-11 12:02 PM
    Tried this. Twice. AppLoader still not recognizing that .666 is valid for my device. In fact, since I installed .666 on my machine, Desktop Manager has had troubles connecting to my 9800. Seriously irritating me.

Trying the install with Desktop Manager, once it finishes updating, to see if that works. Failing that, going to have to install .600 so my phone works again.
    Ha! Apparently the update to Desktop Manager did the trick. DM still refused to see the phone after the update but at least AppLoader quit protesting about incompatibilities! Not sure why, but this was the ugliest install process for a BB release. I've had some hybrids that took fiddling but this was much worse.
    09-26-11 12:07 PM
    Handsfree speaker no longer works after upgrading (music, videos, calls, everything)

I have downgraded to the previous version.
    09-26-11 05:09 PM
    the only thing i hate when im updating blackberry software is that he doesnt make backup from my apps.

bebuzz
    mibudget
    telmap navigator

that sucks. i want always update but i have to lost a lot of time making backups in paper, like in the 80's.

anyone knows how to backup 100%?
    09-26-11 06:44 PM
    the only thing i hate when im updating blackberry software is that he doesnt make backup from my apps.

bebuzz
    mibudget
    telmap navigator

that sucks. i want always update but i have to lost a lot of time making backups in paper, like in the 80's.

anyone knows how to backup 100%?
    Do you mean backup the setting of those apps?
    Some apps have the option to save Backup/Restore settings with the media card. BeBuzz definitely does.

In BeBuzz, click MENU key and select Options. At the bottom of the list is Backup/Restore.

If you look at the upgrade guide I posted on Page 2 in post #22, you'll see Step 5 covered this.
    09-26-11 08:01 PM
    Handsfree speaker no longer works after upgrading (music, videos, calls, everything)

I have downgraded to the previous version.
    Did you try to a battery pull before reverting?
    09-26-11 08:03 PM
    Everybody seems to be reporting better battery life but for me it seems to be draining pretty quickly as compared to the previous build...
    09-27-11 03:13 AM
140 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD