How do you change the settings of the notification bar? My wife doesn't want the calendar to show up on it but can't find where to change the settings for it.
    Last edited by lafountain; 10-06-10 at 10:36 PM.
    10-06-10 10:23 PM
    Don't think you can
    10-06-10 10:43 PM
    Perhaps a different theme would customize that for you?
    10-06-10 11:10 PM
    The notification bar cannot be customized - I'm hoping RIM starts pushing some options for it on a later OS update but don't count on it.

Thankfully you can do a lot with themes...but unfortunately the Theme Builder is a bit buggy since it's in an early beta.
    10-07-10 07:40 AM
    my notification bar doesn't show anything calendar untill i click it. once in the clicked menu, the calendar is at the bottom of the screen.
    10-07-10 08:13 AM
    OK, thanks for the info everyone.
    10-07-10 08:37 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to be able to modify it so it only shows my appointments and messages - I don't care to see my call history.
    10-08-10 11:04 PM
    hi. i have a bold 9780 running on OS6. my notifications bar always shows 3 text messages when dropped down, even when i have deleted my whole inbox. all these messages are from numbers which i have not saved in my phonebook. i am not able to delete them at all. and these conversations do not contain any messages as i have deleted my complete inbox, but they are still there in the notifications. How do i get rid of them? please help me. also my text message notifications only show the contact name, not the message preview. CAN YOU HELP?
    04-03-11 05:33 AM
    Mohitparikh, this is a bug with OS .246, I believe. You can do a battery pull to temporarily solve the issue, but it can come back. You're best bet to be rid of it is to upgrade your OS.

I believe the only thing you can customize for the notifications bar is the ability to not see your BBMs in the notification bar (by going to BBM > Options > Uncheck "Show Chats in Message Application". I believe that prevents BBMs from showing up inside the notification bar. But to the OP, there is no way to customize the notification bar.
    04-03-11 06:57 AM
    Mohitparikh, this is a bug with OS .246, I believe. You can do a battery pull to temporarily solve the issue, but it can come back. You're best bet to be rid of it is to upgrade your OS.

I believe the only thing you can customize for the notifications bar is the ability to not see your BBMs in the notification bar (by going to BBM > Options > Uncheck "Show Chats in Message Application". I believe that prevents BBMs from showing up inside the notification bar. But to the OP, there is no way to customize the notification bar.
    I had the same problem on .246. A battery pull should do the trick. I have since upgraded to .448, and have yet to re-experience the issue...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 09:58 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to be able to modify it so it only shows my appointments and messages - I don't care to see my call history.
    Is your entire call history? Or just missed calls? I have found that once you click on the missed call from the notification, and then use the back button to get out of it, it will no longer be displayed in the notification area..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD