I have a 9800 with Bell Mobility in Canada and while backing up up the phone using the Blackberry Desktop Software I was prompted about an update to the OS, specifically 6.0 Bundle 3049 (from Bundle 2647). I proceeded to do the upgrade and all seemed to be going fine i.e.

- Backup (complete)
    - Install (complete)
    - Reboot (complete)

But the Restore has been in 'progress' for too long now with the green progress bar seeming to be stuck at around 90% to the end but now always showing

Database: Enhanced Gmail Plug-in (1 of 1 items)

(On the grey screen of the phone there only appears the 'icon' for a computer and the phone but no connection between the two)

Do I let it continue the night?

At what point do I disconnect and then how do I proceed?

Thanks for your advice.
    Last edited by copperbeech; 04-13-12 at 10:53 PM.
    04-13-12 10:41 PM
    Disconnecting the device might require you to restart from scratch. There are times that the update process will really take some of you patience off...

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 04:35 PM
    I had one stop like this in the middle, though I forget at what percent. I just unplugged it, and it still worked. But I can't remember if I did the update again.
    04-14-12 04:44 PM
    UPDATE:

So I disconnected my TORCH from the computer and it rebooted fine but it was clear the RESTORE had not completed...at the least all messages were missing, no favourites showing, not remembering and wireless networks,....

So I did a RESTORE using DM and it appears to have everything in its right place except I see that all BBM chats are gone for good and BB Protect needed to be redone.
    04-15-12 05:20 AM
    You can try another restore but select Custom, that will allow you to choose and try some of the parts that are missing.

As for BB Protect, just reinstall and log in. You can also restore data from there, just not BBM messages.
    04-15-12 10:35 AM
    I choose to do a full RESTORE not knowing what or which hadn't been restored during the interrupted OS update. Things seem fine.
    04-15-12 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD