Well I'll give you all the info I have.. My friend found this phone and offered it to me and said it was on payg O2. I believed him and bought it, first thing I did was get it unlocked to be used with my orange contract, I'm using my new sim and Bbm, Internet and all of the data side of things are working okay, only major problem is, I can't call, take calls, or text.. Not sure if the imei is blacklisted but didn't think so as I could use the Internet fine, any help you can give please? If you need to know anything else just ask. Many thanks
    02-12-12 04:42 AM
    If you go into Options>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network, what does it say there?
    02-13-12 07:57 AM
    it could be barred? so i guess when you say internet is working it's not wifi?
    so you got full signal? you don't get a message like something SIM card regristration failed?
    maybe it is barred on the home network, so you can't take/make calls or text messages.
    but the other services is still available?
    02-13-12 08:15 AM
    If you go into Options>Networks and Connections>Mobile Network, what does it say there?
    on manually changing network off mine and back on it says " Network selected. Only emergency service is available"
    Last edited by blckbrrynube; 04-12-13 at 03:03 PM. Reason: add quote
    04-12-13 12:18 PM
    it could be barred? so i guess when you say internet is working it's not wifi?
    so you got full signal? you don't get a message like something SIM card regristration failed?
    maybe it is barred on the home network, so you can't take/make calls or text messages.
    but the other services is still available?
    Is there anyway of being certain that a phone has been blocked or not (have been told by network thay phone not been blocked)
    04-12-13 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD