Where is the "ignore" button on the incomimg call alert screen?
    Am I forced to answer a call or hang up just to make it go away and go to voicemail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:43 PM
    Am I forced to answer a call or hang up just to make it go away and go to voicemail?

Can't you just hit the red/end call button?
    08-12-10 11:51 PM
    Use the Mute key on the top of the phone....
    08-13-10 12:33 AM

Use the "Mute" button on the top of Torch. The one next to "Lock" button.
    08-13-10 12:40 AM
    Use the "Mute" button on the top of Torch. The one next to "Lock" button.
    Ok, I understand...but didn't there used to be an "ignore" button or fuction on the 5.0 OS? I just want the call display to leave the screen and for the call to go directly to my voicemail...

08-13-10 07:23 AM
    Yeah, there was. I wish it was still there.
    08-13-10 07:27 AM
    Ok, I understand...but didn't there used to be an "ignore" button or fuction on the 5.0 OS? I just want the call display to leave the screen and for the call to go directly to my voicemail...

Yep hitting the red hang up button will send the caller directly to VM.
    08-13-10 07:33 AM
    Agreed. It was nice to hit Ignore because the phone would stop ringing.
    I was a bit miffed that it's not there.
    08-13-10 07:35 AM
    When you get a call if you hit the BlackBerry button there are two options - one is to ignore. I'm not sure if it's any different from just hitting the end button.
    08-13-10 07:41 AM
    it's a very minor detail that you'll get over. hitting the red end call button will do the exact same thing (which has been done since the universe began )

interesting about the blackberry button but a few too many steps :P
    08-13-10 08:47 AM
    When you get a call if you hit the BlackBerry button there are two options - one is to ignore. I'm not sure if it's any different from just hitting the end button.
    it's a very minor detail that you'll get over. hitting the red end call button will do the exact same thing (which has been done since the universe began )

interesting about the blackberry button but a few too many steps :P
    It's different.

When you hit "End" button, the call is rejected and the person calling in will be turned to voicemail instantly.

However, when you hit "Mute" button, you no longer have the ringing, vibration nor LED flashing, but the call is still ongoing and you can pick it up before it goes into your voicemail in 1 minute or so.
    Last edited by dwadwa; 08-13-10 at 10:29 AM.
    08-13-10 10:24 AM
    Or it the ringer off button that's on the screen.
    08-13-10 10:26 AM
    There is a big difference between the two. The ignore button doesn't let the caller know you did anything with the call. To use this push the mute or volume down buttons. The red end button sends them right to voicemail, letting them you know want to ignore them. Among young people it's called the "f-you" button.
    08-13-10 10:37 AM
    there is a big difference between the two. The ignore button doesn't let the caller know you did anything with the call. To use this push the mute or volume down buttons. The red end button sends them right to voicemail, letting them you know want to ignore them. among young people it's called the "f-you" button.
    Lmao!!!

08-13-10 10:43 AM
    Ringer off is the same thing as ignore.....
    08-13-10 10:54 AM
    I'm pretty sure ignore and end do the same thing. Volume down or mute just silence the ringer. Am I wrong?
    08-13-10 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD